Trespassing evidence on social media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trespassing evidence on social media?

I recently had a nosy neighbor I did know previously pop up on my radar screen. Just a weird confrontation that made my spidey sense perk up.

I mentioned the lady’s name to a couple of neighbors. I don’t do facebook or instagram or any of that. Both neighbors sent me pictures this week from this lady’s social media pages of photos she has taken from MY back yard (I have a great view).

Lady is a realtor and has an aggressive personality. What would you do? Can you file criminal trespass on someone based on their own social media posts? Should I file a complaint with TREC? As a realtor she should know better. The pictures go back 4 years and show a history of habitual trespassing.

I'd start with the TREC and file a complain with your local police agency. Let them contact her and hopefully will set her straight.

Comment

Post "No Trespassing" signs on your fence. Send her a certified signature required letter telling her to stay off your property.

Comment

I have no idea on the lawful side (I am not a lawyer) but I would be freaking ******

Comment

Maybe contact the lady directly and ask/tell her to stay out of your yard? Send her a registered letter telling her to stay out of your yard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you get TREC involved she will get the message quickly.

Comment

Have you spoken to the neighbor to ask why she was in your yard? Is your yard fenced?

edit: I reread your post and you did say you had a confrontation with her. What did she say?
              What does it mean that you did know her previously?
              Last edited by Burnadell; 11-08-2019, 09:44 AM.

Comment

To answer your question without your further clarification, which you don't seem to want to provide, I would ask her what she was doing in my back yard.

Comment

Well, not be a contrarian, but, I'd keep the legal/lawyers OUT initially.....

I'd go knock on her door.....BE VERY NICE.....talk to her about the situation then, if she denies having habitually trespassed, I'd very calmly and quietly pull the pics/evidence out..... I'd also record the entire meeting, at least audio.....it's unfortunate that you've got to do that, but, we're living in a pretty jacked up world today. A person is a fool if they don't protect themselves as much as possible in situations like this.

If she's STUPID enough to deny the obvious
                  (which she might well be) then you can put the hammer down.

MOP....obviously
                  Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-08-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

So what does she look like?

Comment

I meant to say I have not known her previously. I’ve owned this house in the neighborhood for 5 1/2 years. The confrontation involved her husband pulling a gun on me and threatening to shoot my dog because my dog was aggressively sniffing his pant leg. The guy was screaming obscenities totally nuts. When I asked his name, he screamed,”F U is my name!”

Sheriff was contacted and the husband is a known hothead to them. I was told the sheriff went and talked to him.

I don’t want to go over there and knock on the door knowing there is a crazy guy with a gun there. She eggs him on and encourages him.

Comment

In that case you know exactly what to do. ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
                          I meant to say I have not known her previously. I’ve owned this house in the neighborhood for 5 1/2 years. The confrontation involved her husband pulling a gun on me and threatening to shoot my dog because my dog was aggressively sniffing his pant leg. The guy was screaming obscenities totally nuts. When I asked his name, he screamed,”F U is my name!”

Sheriff was contacted and the husband is a known hothead to them. I was told the sheriff went and talked to him.

I don’t want to go over there and knock on the door knowing there is a crazy guy with a gun there. She eggs him on and encourages him.

Nope, don't go over there en light of that information.

See if you or the other neighbors can save the pictures she took along with screen shots of her social media posts. Possibly contact the sheriff but at least keep that information in case any further incidents occur.

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post

Hehehe.....well, obviously this changes things a bit.....hehehe

Scratch the advice I gave above......except the part about recording interactions with these known idiots....

I'd certainly start, very quietly, gathering up the evidence of their actions/idiocy.

Also, I'd place a few retired game cams around the perimeter....
                            Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-08-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

This sounds awful.... record, collect evidence, and prepare

Comment

Working...
                              X