No announcement yet.

New Cuddelink System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have two separate properties do you have to have 2 separate systems?

Comment

Would they send pictures to a home camera located at the top of a hill that was the only camera that has cell service?

Comment

Also after all the pictures are sent to the home camera, are they then sent to you via text or what? I live an hour and a half from either farm and wouldn’t be close to my home camera.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
          Would they send pictures to a home camera located at the top of a hill that was the only camera that has cell service?
          tagged for the answer to this ^^^^

Comment

yes

Originally posted by jtr View Post
            Yes that is exactly the way I have mine set up. From what I remember when I first purchased them the cameras talk to each other thru an independent radio signal, the FRS signal I believe. Those walkie talkies we used to have same signal. Then the "HOME" unit obviously sends the cell signal.

I also agree with whomever said "D" cell batteries. They sell an adapter for converting to "D" cell and I have them on all cameras.

Yes you have to have a separate system on properties that are far away.

Comment

email

Originally posted by Apodz View Post
              Also after all the pictures are sent to the home camera, are they then sent to you via text or what? I live an hour and a half from either farm and wouldn’t be close to my home camera.
              They are emailed to you.

Comment

So ill answer my own question after finding the answer on their website. They offer two different models. You can have up to 16 cameras on each one.

1st method is you can have all the pictures sent to 1 “home” camera where you would treat that 1 camera like any other trail cam and would pull the SD card to look at all the photos.—ideal if you live on or very close to your hunting property.

2nd method is through the cell method where you would have a cell router that all the cameras would send their pictures to and then from there the pictures would be emailed to you— ideal for those who live a good ways away from their hinting property.

And to confirm they do have both Verizon and ATT now even though their website makes it look like it’s Verizon only by the map.

Comment

Answers

Originally posted by Apodz View Post
                  So ill answer my own question after finding the answer on their website. They offer two different models. You can have up to 16 cameras on each one.

1st method is you can have all the pictures sent to 1 “home” camera where you would treat that 1 camera like any other trail cam and would pull the SD card to look at all the photos.—ideal if you live on or very close to your hunting property.

2nd method is through the cell method where you would have a cell router that all the cameras would send their pictures to and then from there the pictures would be emailed to you— ideal for those who live a good ways away from their hinting property.

And to confirm they do have both Verizon and ATT now even though their website makes it look like it’s Verizon only by the map.
                  Hmmm.....I thought I did answer the 2 questions you asked. Glad you got your answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                    The cameras have worked great for me. Running 8 of them in SE Oklahoma.
                    I am also a dealer, give me a call and I will try to answer any questions.
                    PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                      Ok, do you have to call them and order ATT? Their website list Verizon as only option.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      Pm Nate he is a dealer,
                      The cameras have worked great for me. Running 8 of them in SE Oklahoma.
                      I am also a dealer, give me a call and I will try to answer any questions.

Comment

There is so many options. What model is everyone running?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

... So I LOVE the idea of this... But I started doing the math.... We have 8 feeders... So minimum two of the four packs.

The catch is then the distances... if you can legitimately get a 1/2 mile (800 yards) then I only need 2 repeaters...

If you only get 400 yards... Then I would need at least 4 repeaters... and potentially as many as 7 cause of the hills and the lake...

If money was no object I feel like this is a great answer... Set it up to send to the home unit at the house, walk in check all the cards and not get anything smelly...

But there is a whole world of price difference in the works at 1/2 mile and works at a quarter...

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                            ... So I LOVE the idea of this... But I started doing the math.... We have 8 feeders... So minimum two of the four packs.

The catch is then the distances... if you can legitimately get a 1/2 mile (800 yards) then I only need 2 repeaters...

If you only get 400 yards... Then I would need at least 4 repeaters... and potentially as many as 7 cause of the hills and the lake...

If money was no object I feel like this is a great answer... Set it up to send to the home unit at the house, walk in check all the cards and not get anything smelly...

But there is a whole world of price difference in the works at 1/2 mile and works at a quarter...
                            My concern as well! Anyone using these on a 400 to 600 acre tract?

Comment

Posted this on another thread.

Last year I bought two Cuddelink long Range IR cameras as an initial test of the system since I had a camera location that was actually close to my property entrance but across a large creek that it took me about 15-20 minutes to drive around to the camera and back. I set the home camera up close to the entrance on a mineral lick and the remote was about 350 yards away through trees. I ran the system for about a month and I was pleased with the results. I bought a third camera and placed it on top of a hill above the home camera. I found this very convenient and was able to cut the amount of time it took to get the trail cam cards and cut down on the intrusion into the area.

Here is my general impression of the Long Range IR Model J cameras:

1) Thumbnails pictures are adequate but can lack detail at longer distances especially at night.
                              2) Battery life is not great but not unreasonable considering the camera has to use more power for the cuddelink system.
                              3) Around 4+ weeks battery life with lithium AA batteries (Will depend on settings).
                              4) The detection circuit is good but not quite on par with the better cameras, but it is fast within its range.
                              5) Flash range is okay but not quite as good as the better cameras.
                              6) Night pictures are okay to 60ft maybe you can see something out to 90ft.
                              7) Camera link range is about 250 to 350 yards in thick woods.
                              8) Will not connect over a hill.
                              9) Set up is not intuitive, but once you learn the menus it is not hard (keep the manuals and watch youtube).
                              10) Not a big fan of the Genius mount, I don’t think it is so genius but it does work. Would be better if the mount accepted the standard camera bolt like every other camera uses.
                              11) No way to use Python cable without buying special mount.
                              12) Not sure on camera reliability / longevity.

This year and I planned to replace my cell camera (3G covert) so I decided to get a Cuddeback Cell Home (no Camera). I now have 7 cameras a repeater, and the cell home. I receive thumbnail pictures directly on my gmail account. This cell plan I use costs $20 per month for ~ 2000 pictures. I have gone over the limit in the last two months and it has cost an additional $5.

My cell system setup and my impressions:

1) Converted all cameras to D-cell.
                              2) Added external D-cell packs to Home and repeater.
                              3) System sends status report once per day which is very nice.
                              4) Cell home ran for 3 months before the external battery was low (still had 4 internal D-cells that kept the cell home working)
                              5) Cameras have been running over 3 months and batteries still shows good ( had to replace batteries in two cameras with over 6k pictures each).
                              6) Not sure of battery life in extreme cold ( Alkaline does not perform as well as lithium).
                              7) Cannot change system setting over the cellular network, must go to each Camera/Home/Repeater.
                              8) Solar panels are available but I have not used yet.

I liked the results on my property so I bought a second system for my Kansas lease. I setup the cuddelink system with the cell home on top of a hill and then linked two cameras to the home. One camera is about 1000ft to the west of the cell home and the other is about 2500ft to the east. I was then able to connect the home to a repeater 1.48 miles away on top of a hill on another piece of property. These locations have a direct line of sight between each other with no trees, I was actually able to connect as far as 1.98 miles away. I now have four cameras on two properties sending thumbnails through the cell home.

Overall I like the system so far and I think it will cut down on the Time and Intrusion into my hunting area and it is just fun getting all the pictures, Time will tell on the overall reliability and longevity of the cameras.

John

Comment

Can any of the cuddelink cameras be used as a repeater and home camera? Not talking about the cell link camera.

Comment

Working...
                                X