No announcement yet.

Work decisions today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would try to negotiate some of the perks you are loosing with the new company. Let them know what you are loosing and see if you can get another dollar or two to make up for those lost perks and the increase cost of health care. Then it would be a no brainier. Worst they can tell you is no. Being at home is worth some $$ too.

Comment

I'm have been blessed to get a place in my career where a few dollars more an hour doesn't change my lifestyle any. For that reason I have chosen my last two jobs by enjoyment and people I work with. Work is a place you spend as much time at as your home. I want it to be doing something I enjoy with people I consider friends. Nothing worse than working somewhere you don't like, and I would trade work happiness for 20K. That said travel is something I try to keep down, because that takes me away from my family too much. I would have to leave my current role if travel went higher than 20% a year.

Comment

Being home more is important for a marriage and kids

Comment

I think I would move on, I think you have already made that decision though.Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadhender View Post
            I would try to negotiate some of the perks you are loosing with the new company. Let them know what you are loosing and see if you can get another dollar or two to make up for those lost perks and the increase cost of health care. Then it would be a no brainier. Worst they can tell you is no. Being at home is worth some $$ too.
            I tried that. The manager said he couldnt and explained why which I understood.

Comment

On to the next - good luck!

Comment

Bye Felecia. I’d be on to the next one. Can’t put a price on being home more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

100/week for fuel ? Sounds like you need a better vehicle too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Don't even think twice about this. The company you work for right now would drop you like a burnt cigarette if they thought that was a good business decision. Take care of you and yours if you think the new company is better for your family. It's just business.

Comment

I'll say this...I just spent the last 18 years of my life at a company that I thought I would retire from. They got slow and laid me off and gave me a two week severance package. There is no loyalty anymore as far as I'm concerned. I would tell them bye and move on.

Comment

Working...
                      X