Work decisions today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work decisions today

Well the time has come to decide my fate with my current employer. My companies long time customer has offered me a position making three more dollars and hr and I would be home long term as opposed to traveling. I wrote a list of pros and cons for each and the new company has more pros than cons and current has more cons than pro's. It sure is hard to make a decision after being with my current employer for almost 8 yrs. I would be loosing some perks and with those losses I would only be making 30 more bucks or so a week more to start, but they do yearly raises at the new place. The old place I haven't had a raise in two years. Decisions decisions.

Have you discussed this with your current employer and given them the opportunity to keep you?

Comment

Just remember that if the decision were reversed and it came down to dollars and cents, that employer would let you go. It’s business. We are all just penciled in.

Do what’s best for you. More $ and more $ seems like a good deal, assuming all other things are equal

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
        Have you discussed this with your current employer and given them the opportunity to keep you?
        They would probably match the pay. But also throw in some broken promises like the last two times.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
          They would probably match the pay. But also throw in some broken promises like the last two times.

That ain’t worth it. Time to cut ties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Give it a good prayer!

Comment

Congrats and good luck at your new job.

I moved for ya with the broken promises comment

Comment

Wifes says I should cut ties as the current place has BSA's me so much. And sent me around the country to work the past two years. Have also had to use two weeks of vacation due to lack of work.. the prospective employer has giving me two weeks to think it over and has been trans parent about the plans for me.

Comment

Wait, you only work 10hrs a week?

Comment

To move on and up on pay scale most people honestly should be changing employment every 3-5 years. Sounds like it is a great opportunity and don’t forget to factor in the gas you save driving to and from the closer place of work.

Nothing wrong with jumping ship to better yourself for the long haul and only way to build the resume a lot of times.

Comment

I was also supposed to be a lead for a certain type of work for my current company with a good pay raise, but instead they sent me to oklahoma for 15 months and hired someone from our sister company to do the jobs instead after offering it to me at first.

Comment

Jump!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                          Wait, you only work 10hrs a week?
                          No not 10 a week. But with the loss of fuel card and higher insurance costs with the prospective company it comes out to around 30 a week or so extra.

Comment

I say go for it. Can’t put a price on being home.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                              To move on and up on pay scale most people honestly should be changing employment every 3-5 years. Sounds like it is a great opportunity and don’t forget to factor in the gas you save driving to and from the closer place of work.

Nothing wrong with jumping ship to better yourself for the long haul and only way to build the resume a lot of times.

Fuel was not an issue company provided that. But I would be saving miles on my truck from driving to oklahoma illinois and arkansas.

Comment

Working...
                              X