Let’s get nasty! Beans in Chili Prove me wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    I for one hate beans in chili. Wife loves kidney beans in it when she cooks it. I pick the dam beans out. But I will cook a pot of red beans (pinto beans for y’all city folk lol) and combine the two.

Beans have no place in chili because Jesus said so. And this is Texas.
    Jesus Rodriguez maybe.

Comment

Beans in CHILI! cut and dry, it just ain't right, unless your from up north,
      as they say up north they call it 3 bean soup,
      but
      i have been known to blend some in the blender to use as a thickener a time or two,
      just to see if someone would know the difference
      after swearing they would be able to tell
      and nope, he never knew it..

Comment

Since I don't like beans at all....ruining chili with them sounds like a bad idea. We had them so much growing up, I just can't do it.

Comment

Is it FAT SIDE UP or FAT SIDE DOWN.......... Oh wait that's another conversation

I like Chili both ways however I will say If I'm putting beans in they are Pintos that I've already cooked & not out of a can..... Either way there is never any left overs at our house when the kids & Grandkids find out PAppy's making a pot of RED, they stay till it's gone

Comment

Chili either way Great....But I put some pinto in most of time, not a lot though..Adds a little volume and makes em tooty...

Comment

Most back in the day added beans to make it go farther.

Comment

Is chili powder that is put in chili not a ground pepper? And are pepers not a vegetable? As well as the other spices that flavor it?!

So, basically, your eating vegetable flavored meat anyway. Then why not add some beans, and make that meat go a little further?

I know of folks who add macaroni, or potatoes, or several other substances in rather than beans, or with beans.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I am cool with beans in chili as long as you call it "Chili with beans" Dont go calling your chili, chili, if it has beans in it. On that note the only bean allowed in my opinion is pinto. Personally I never make chili, I make chili with beans.

Comment

So why do they make chili beans for?

Comment

Been to plenty of chili competitions- never seen a bean at one

Comment

Authentic Texas chili dies not have beans. Yankees make a version with beans.

Are you a Texan or a yankee.

The facts are simple. Your opinions don't mean much.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I see the burnt out pothead finally showed up😂

Comment

Sometimes I will make a pot of both beans and chili, that way everybody can be happy. And on occasion I will put a scoop of my beans in a bowl of my chili.

Comment

Chili with beans is awesome.

Provides some entertainment as well...about 4 hours later.

Oh and chili without beans is awesome also. Just not as entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Chili in English is Hot Dog Topping.
                                this!

Comment

Working...
                                X