Frito pie??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frito pie??

Say you’re gonna make Frito pies at home but had to use store bought chili, what do you choose? What toppings do y’all like on your Frito pies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolf brand. Sour cream and cheese rolled into a tortilla

Comment

Texas Chili Company is what I grabbed last time we wanted chili cheese burgers.

Comment

I like the HEB brand spicy chili. Chopped onions, cheddar cheese, Tabasco, sometimes a scoop of pico,

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Was it in a brown box ? I just had some a few minutes ago and it wasn’t bad .

Comment

Hormel. I personally don't like Wolf Brand

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Never heard of Texas Chili Company. How does it taste compared to Wolf brand?

Comment

Uncle Joe's brick chili if'n you can find some. cheddar cheese and onions.
                Piggly Wiggly stores carried it when I was a kid. Could be extinct now.

Comment

Wolf Brand chili (no beans, not that that even has to be clarified), diced white onions, shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Comment

Started using the HEB brand after being told it tasted like the original Wolf brand chili that I grew up on, pre ConAgra. The wife and I like it much better than the current Wolf brand.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                      Never heard of Texas Chili Company. How does it taste compared to Wolf brand?

It comes frozen in a block. It’s far from homemade, but it’s far better than that mush that comes in a can.

Comment

shredded cheese, onions, sliced japaleno

Comment

Wolf brand chili is fine, needs to have onions, Fritos and cheese. Then open the windows of the house an hour later, and leave them open for the rest of the night.

That idea sounds good, my wife is trying to get me to eat her stuff she calls chili, it ain't chili, not even close. I keep telling her that stuff, is soup not chili. Her mother from Wisconsin taught her to cook and some soup, they call chili her mother taught her to make. All this week, she has been trying to get me to say yes to her making that stuff she calls chili, I keep saying no. She makes a very watery, liquidy stuff, with lots of tomato paste and some ground meat and a small amount of spices. It's like tomato soup, with a little meat in it. I have showed here what chili is, she likes chili, but then she keeps making tomato soup and calling it chili. I hear the word chili and get excited, then I see what she made and it's a big let down.

Comment

When frito pie or chili dogs are on the menu and there is no chili made or frozen from a previous make, the rock guttier the better for the ultimate concession stand experience..

Wolf brand or Hormel for us per the wife....... I like to add diced onions, shredded sharp cheddar and pickled sliced japs.

Comment

Wolf brand WITH beans. Toppings are finely shredded cheese, scoop of sour cream in middle and jalapeño slices.

Comment

Working...
                              X