Camper roof coating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen1978 View Post
    I just went through this with a camper. Eternabond is more for flat seams on a roof. For corners there is Dicor Corner Seal.

For windows you use the butyl tape.

Nothing goes over Eternabond tape. Throw it in the freezer for awhile before you want to lay it down. Clean up areas with acetone first. Like anything else it will not stick to silicone.

Great info, thanks! The previous owner did use silicone on all seams so I’m just hoping I can remove it easily before applying these other products. It’s a great camper and we’ve owned it for 3 years now with low maintenance.

Comment

If the seam has silicone in it and you can get to good material on either side just lay the eternabond over it. Wont hurt a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
        Same thing for me . Here are some pics of the one I did .

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=551536
        Dang. Yours turned out NICE.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
          That’s what I used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Very nice

Comment

The previous owner of my camper covered the whole roof with some white product. I’d like to figure out what it was. It is:
            White
            Relatively rigid
            Not flexible
            Applied with a brush
            It seems like it was in a red gallon can but I inadvertently thru it away before I read the label.
            Any good idea on what product this is? Thanks!

Comment

Is taking off the AC easy enough on most campers? That's the part I am dreading most when I do mine. I assume you have to take it off, in order to get the new sealant up to the edge of the hole in the roof?

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                Same thing for me . Here are some pics of the one I did .

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=551536
                Yeah, yours was in a lot worse condition on the slide out.

I was very happy with how filled and leveled. Hoping it lasts another 10 years. lol

J

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                  Is taking off the AC easy enough on most campers? That's the part I am dreading most when I do mine. I assume you have to take it off, in order to get the new sealant up to the edge of the hole in the roof?

I pulled mine off and cleaned out the dirt dobber nests last season. Not too difficult. Just requires basic tools.

Comment

I used Tropi-cool. 2 coats. Worked great.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                      I just taped off all the vent covers and AC shroud with the blue painters tape like Toolman above. I cut in around those with a brush. Rolled the rest with 2 coats....wait a day before applying 2nd coat. I applied the self leveling Dicor sealant around the vent covers after all had dried.

Comment

I painted right over my bathroom vent. I don’t care what it looks like(lease camper) and it should protect it from UV. I’ve seen them get brittle and break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love how Heng’s Rubber adhered to my RV roof because it’s been a year, and it has been in good condition despite the harsh sun. I believe that this product is UV-resistant, which is why it can withstand harmful UV rays.

Comment

Camper roof coating?

Originally posted by Philipclopez View Post
                            I love how Heng’s Rubber adhered to my RV roof because it’s been a year, and it has been in good condition despite the harsh sun. I believe that this product is UV-resistant, which is why it can withstand harmful UV rays.

Thought I’d bump this thread again and give another solid vote for the orange can Heng’s Roof Coating. This is the 3rd time I have used this stuff and 2nd time on my 31’ Springdale 5th wheel.
                            I put 2 thin coats on it about this time last year and like above post it has weathered good even out in the harsh heat and rains. I also believe this stuff flexes really well too. I decided to just go back with 1 thin coat today and the 1 gallon covered it perfectly.
                            I normally clean the roof with a pressure washer but it was still pretty clean (I guess from all the recent rains) so I just hosed it off good with a water hose yesterday evening and let it dry overnight. Taped off the AC shroud and cut in around it with a brush and rolled the rest.

I’m sold and really recommend this stuff…..I don’t plan on ever using anything else. Again, just the 1 coat made this 2011 model trailer look almost brand new again.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                              Thought I’d bump this thread again and give another solid vote for the orange can Heng’s Roof Coating. This is the 3rd time I have used this stuff and 2nd time on my 31’ Springdale 5th wheel.
                              I put 2 thin coats on it about this time last year and like above post it has weathered good even out in the harsh heat and rains. I also believe this stuff flexes really well too. I decided to just go back with 1 thin coat today and the 1 gallon covered it perfectly.
                              I normally clean the roof with a pressure washer but it was still pretty clean (I guess from all the recent rains) so I just hosed it off good with a water hose yesterday evening and let it dry overnight. Taped off the AC shroud and cut in around it with a brush and rolled the rest.

I’m sold and really recommend this stuff…..I don’t plan on ever using anything else. Again, just the 1 coat made this 2011 model trailer look almost brand new again.

What type of roof does your rig have? If I remember right there are different products for different types of roofs...there being 2 main types on modern campers.

Youtube has a video on how to tell which type you have, and what product is best for it. I need to do mine soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X