No announcement yet.

Does anyone usually not see deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like growing up we would get “skunked” more often than not. Nowadays, I don’t even remember the last time I went hunting and didn’t see anything at all.

Comment

Place we hunt in Winchester Tx we rarely see a deer. We used to see them often but I don’t know if the neighbors have just killed everything around or what. This is my 7th sit here this year and still haven’t seen more than a rabbit. All the really nice bucks we let walk a few years ago have just vanished. And so have the rest lol. I checked camera and had one deer on it in two weeks

Comment

Build it and they will come...... make your place standout from the rest and they will make it home. Trust me

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
          Build it and they will come...... make your place standout from the rest and they will make it home. Trust me
          I've watched several Growing deer TV YouTube videos on this. I'm on a year to year lease, so I'm hesitant to do that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just left sit 3 for this season. Only seen one deer all season. Tonight i shot a coon. Picked up my bloody arrow, tracked blood 3 yards and saw a skunk lift his tail 7yds up so i turned right the F around.

All to say, yes. I usually see no deer.

Comment

[QUOTE=GarGuy;14428552]If you are not seeing deer you are doing something wrong. .../QUOTE]

I have to disagree.

15 years ago when we first started hunting our brand new property that we just bought we'd set every week end and not see anything except maybe 1 yearling spike at the end of the year. Now we see legal deer nearly everytime. What changed? The Game Wardens hammered the poachers.

Open farmland is tough to hunt, too.

I have 100% respect for you GarGiy. I follow your advice but sometimes things are out of my control

Comment

I see does about every other sit, no bucks yet...

Comment

[quote=Dusty Britches;14430253]
                  Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  If you are not seeing deer you are doing something wrong. .../QUOTE]

I have to disagree.

15 years ago when we first started hunting our brand new property that we just bought we'd set every week end and not see anything except maybe 1 yearling spike at the end of the year. Now we see legal deer nearly everytime. What changed? The Game Wardens hammered the poachers.

Open farmland is tough to hunt, too.

I have 100% respect for you GarGiy. I follow your advice but sometimes things are out of my control
                  I hear what you are saying. My point is I don't go sit unless o.o have a good chance of seeing deer. Now I like nature and love walking in the woods but if I'm going deer hunting ill find a place with deer first.

Comment

Working...
                  X