Wall pedestal mounting options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall pedestal mounting options

what are you guys using to hang your shoulder pedestal mounts on the wall? i've tried 2 different wall anchors that i've used for my regular shoulder mounts, but, the leverage point seems to be different on my pedestal mount.

here's what i'm hanging.

Comment

Nail or screw into a stud works fine for me

Comment

My taxidermist made a mount out of angle iron that he gave me. He cut it at an angle that fits into a slot in the plywood on the back of the mount. Super solid.

Comment

Put a small finishing nail where the offside shoulder hits the wall to keep it from turning/sliding down

Comment

a finishing nail will help

Comment

I use the "no-tilt" hangers on off balance wall peds.. The regular size is all that is needed for deer.

Comment

Maybe the hanger on the back of the mount is in the wrong position? I just use an anchored screw to hang mine on, same as a shoulder mount. As long as the hanger on the back of the mount is in the right spot to keep it balanced, it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  Maybe the hanger on the back of the mount is in the wrong position? I just use an anchored screw to hang mine on, same as a shoulder mount. As long as the hanger on the back of the mount is in the right spot to keep it balanced, it works fine.
                  That usually works but Depending on the manikin and the weight of the antlers some are just so out of balance that the hanger cannot be moved far enough over to allow for the mount to be balanced..

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finishing Nail. All of mine have that when it comes from Taxidermist. Works great on sheetrock but I have to cut it down on wood wall.

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        This is what I used works great my taxi gave me this to put on my wall pedestals.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                          This is what I used works great my taxi gave me this to put on my wall pedestals.
                          Makes life so much easier with these hangers that’s for sure.

Comment

T hanger from McKenzie

Comment

I use these. Allows you to hang on a stud, but also move it left or right to fill open space where there is no stud.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X