This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also......BRING ON THE BASEBALL!!!

Wait....this is gonna eff up all the home games on LHN...isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Also......BRING ON THE BASEBALL!!!

Wait....this is gonna eff up all the home games on LHN...isn't it?
      Buh bye LHN!

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        Riiight… Why would OU have horn in their head? ��
        Becuase we don't sleep with siblings?

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
          Move auburn and bama to the east and ou and ut to the west and we are set to go. This will be fun. One part of me thinks it’s almost unfair to have to compete in this conference if it goes through to make the playoff but **** all sports will be unreal competitive and fun to watch.
          I hear ya.

What I was thinking was....this doesn't get leaked unless someone wants it leaked. So who is it? The atm beat guy? Not likely.

I'm imagining....and again, I don't follow this as closely as some of yall, so bear with me.....Texas and ou flirt with the sec, the rest of the Big 12 freaks and calls EVERYONE (PAC, Big 10, ACC)....who Texas and ou have already called. They all put together a deal to get somehow to 16, which puts a bunch of other programs in the lurch, and all the dominoes start falling. The sec is already very well positioned, so it's no skin off their nose. But the first to make a move and get things done, get a FAT TV deal...etc...blah blah.

I'm not a conspiracy guy, but these things rarely go the way they are first proposed...so I am admittedly throwing darts with a blindfold.

However it all shakes out, I feel like we're gonna wind up with 4 16s, so whatever. I have no idea, and I'm kinda drunk.

Comment

Just keep my Horns baseball on TV, and I'll live with the rest.

Comment

When this is all over. SEC reached out to Texas at the end of 2019 about coming to the SEC. This has been in the works for years. Its been slowed down a little by a few things. Covid being one of them. Second being there is no rush as Texas is in Big12 tv contracts thru 2025. Word is 2023 will probably be the first year in SEC. That is what everyone is planning for at this moment. This is assuming rest of Big 12 starts abandoning the sinking ship. If they don't it could possibly go another year or two past 2023 to the full 2025. OU and Texas go together wherever. So Texas has had to work the back channels with OU to make sure they could work around the OSU issue. It seems they have worked around that with an out of conference annual game with OSU.

SEC had the votes before they ever came to Texas with the offer. So there are no road blocks with other schools. One school just recently found out this was all going down. I'll give you one guess. Its the same school that leaked the story. SEC is not so happy with said school right now. I'm still wondering why they leaked it qn hour before their coach took the podium for SEC media days. All he talked about all afternoon was Texas/OU coming to SEC. It was comical. On the radio and TV talking Texas/OU. They could have waited until tomorrow for the news dump.

It will be announced over the next few weeks as has been reported. Texas will be giving up LHN but will keep getting paid for the remainder of contract with ESPN. This apparently is a real sour part of deal with few teams in SEC. But ESPN has helped push/put this deal together along with negotiations on the new contracts that will included Texas/OU so it appears everyone is on board.

Moral of the post. Any ags betting against it happening save your money. Its all but done. Ags look at it this way. You will get a better payout at the end of the year. You still won't win a conference title but you are used to that. Hell as a Texas fan I'm getting use to it. Few more details I left out at this time.
              Last edited by Take Dead Aim; 07-21-2021, 11:25 PM.

Comment

As an eternal skeptic, I think this is all posturing, and much to do about nothing, but look at who is talking....

SEC-We aren't looking, don't know anything about it.

Texas statement-We don't comment on rumors..

ou statement-Normal off season speculation, we don't comment on speculation..

atm Dyork-Holy ****!! Not no, but hell no! We're gonna be the only SEC team in Texas by god, until......wait...what? ****, holy ****.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Just keep my Horns baseball on TV, and I'll live with the rest.

Same…. Need my Horns’ baseball home games!

Comment

Sounds like a heck of a good time! Bring it!!

Comment

If this turns out to be true, and the other conferences realign, does the NCAA as an organization fold?

Comment

Wow!!

Comment

Yes, all ags should let Greg Abbott know how you feel...

Comment

The legislature can’t do anything about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Texas and OU appear done with the Big 12. To add to what was said last night, it is reported that neither will renew their media contracts with the Big 12 and will petition the SEC with letters going out early next week.

Last edited by Chad C; 07-22-2021, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                The legislature can’t do anything about it

I just thought it was funny someone thought it would be a good idea to reach out to a University of Texas alumnus to complain about the University of Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X