Road trip has begun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich's boat = "The Rain Maker!"

I've heard that there is a good Mexican restaurant in IF. May want to look into that.

Comment

Update:
      Day 4 - Was the rained out boat ride and we finished the drive to I.F.

Day 5 - Rested. Walked the entire downtown I.F. which was a block and a half Went to see a movie and were the first and only ones in the entire building. When the movie started I think there were about 7 people in there. Was a nice theater. We saw The Black Widow. Was pretty good except for the political BS.

Day 6 - Nice 9 hour drive from I.F. to Williston ND. We stopped in Cando ND to eat and it was a super nice surprise. Super small town (like one 4 way stop). People were super nice. Saw 12-15 kids 7-14 years old riding bikes all around. About 10 ended up at The Q (an old converted DQ) which appeared to be the only place to eat for eternity. They were laughing, talking, eating ice cream.. No parents to be seen as they were not needed. And not one single cell phone was seen. It was super refreshing. Made me think about moving there....except I'd freeze in the winter. I didn't know a place like this still existed. Made me think of Stand By Me and other old movies.

Sights we saw.
      Green oil fields.

They bale hay all on the sides of the road! Saves money and someone gets hay.

Canola fields

And the view from our BnB here in Williston ND.

Comment

Here are a few pictures from I.F.

City Beach

Comment

Looks great Tim! Enjoy!

Comment

Comment

What kind of temps did you get to enjoy up there? Looks like a nice relaxing trip!

Comment

Locals thought they were dying from heat. It was 90 a couple of days but didn't feel like Texas 90. Was 87 one day in IF and then 73 the next.

So warm temps. Still a nice get a way from Texas heat.
                Glacier National Park tomorrow should be much cooler.

Comment

I'm due S of you a bit and it's warm. My 18 yo daughter sent a postcard to her grandfather today that said, "It's hot as balls up here and Daddy's farts stink."
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Locals thought they were dying from heat. It was 90 a couple of days but didn't feel like Texas 90. Was 87 one day in IF and then 73 the next.

So warm temps. Still a nice get a way from Texas heat.
                    Glacier National Park tomorrow should be much cooler.
                    Enjoy tagging along on TBH with you on this cool trip. Have fun, keep posting pics, thanks for including us.

Comment

Can't get the computer to connect to WiFI. Grrr

Everyone said the ride from rainy river to glacier would be super boring. I actually like it. The last 3 hours was pretty boring but the first 14 or so I liked. Lots of rolling hills and small towns with lots of farming

We are in east glacier now going for a hike in the morning. Hope to find a good place to eat tomorrow early evening. Only funny thing we saw was a bird chasing a chipmunk across the road. One antelope and one deer.

Over 2k miles driven so far. Drives will shorten from here which will be nice.

Comment

I was born and raised in International Falls...those pics bring back memories!

Comment

Can't get the computer to connect to WiFI. Grrr

Everyone said the ride from rainy river to glacier would be super boring. I actually like it. The last 3 hours was pretty boring but the first 14 or so I liked. Lots of rolling hills and small towns with lots of farming

We are in east glacier now going for a hike in the morning. Hope to find a good place to eat tomorrow early evening. Only funny thing we saw was a bird chasing a chipmunk across the road. One antelope and one deer.

Over 2k miles driven so far. Drives will shorten from here which will be nice.
                          We just got back Tuesday morning. Home Ranch Bottoms has had great burgers and even better Huckleberry pie the few times we’ve eaten there, which was as recent as Sunday. It’s on the north side of the park a couple miles West of Polebridge.

Comment

Back from a LONG hike. Made it to 3 waterfalls. We wanted to see a moose. About mile 11 or 12 when we got back on pavement a moose walked through people's camps. Lol. I mean literally between tents, cars and picnic tables.

Have to decide between chicken fried steak or a 16oz Montanan ribeye. Hopefully can connect and post pictures soon.

Comment

Back from a LONG hike. Made it to 3 waterfalls. We wanted to see a moose. About mile 11 or 12 when we got back on pavement a moose walked through people's camps. Lol. I mean literally between tents, cars and picnic tables.

Have to decide between chicken fried steak or a 16oz Montanan ribeye. Hopefully can connect and post pictures soon.
                              Thursday morning just south of the Montana border on highway 93 we dang near hit a young moose. It ran in front of us, the. I turned around, and it ran right back in front of a white F-350. It didn’t seem to be the biggest fan of life. Lol first and only moose I’ve ever seen, and it was in Idaho.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here are some East Glacier pictures.

Everyone seemed really scared of bears and had the bear spray. Even on the main trails where hundreds of people are all day long. Guess people are scared of everything these days. I just wanted to see a bear, but we didn't.

Very first hike. Super short. We were early and first to get there which was super nice. Seeing this first waterfall got us super pumped up to walk to the harder to reach falls.

This was Running Eagle Falls

Then we drove down the road to Two Medicine Lake. We ended up walking around the entire lake which was around 12 miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X