Don't You Love a Happy Ending? Good News From Cali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't You Love a Happy Ending? Good News From Cali

Armed shopper shoots would-be robbers and fends off assailants in dramatic scene

Armed shopper shoots would-be robbers and fends off assailants in dramatic scene
    Lawrence Richard
    Wed, July 21, 2021, 12:29 PM·2 min read

A man defended himself with a concealed firearm after a pair of men approached him in an attempted robbery in Los Angeles, according to video footage.

At least two suspects suffered gunshots to the legs during the Monday night incident and were later arrested on charges of attempted robbery, the police department’s Wilshire Division detectives said.

"Words were apparently exchanged, and the victim ultimately produces a handgun, apparently to defend himself and others in his group from the would-be robbery suspects. The victim fired his weapon towards the suspects and then all parties immediately fled the location," the Los Angeles Police Department wrote in a press release Tuesday.

Video footage from a store on Melrose Avenue and Vista Street captured the scene.

DISUNITY: RACE RELATIONS AT NEW LOW, 10-POINT BLACK-WHITE GAP

The camera showed the victim speaking with two women in a parking lot before a Dodge Avenger pulled up near them around 7 p.m.

Two men exited the vehicle and approached the group when the man pulled a firearm and fired several times at the would-be robbers. The two men and both women fled the scene.

The suspects were identified as Nicholas Brown, 22, who suffered a gunshot to his left thigh, and Markeil Hayes, 28, who suffered a gunshot to his right calf. Law enforcement is looking for the driver of the car and the victim involved.

“The Los Angeles Police Department is aggressively addressing a rise in violent crime in the Melrose area over the past year and is pursuing all leads involved in this and other crimes,” the LAPD said.

Los Angeles has witnessed a spike in homicides and a particularly bloody Fourth of July weekend, leaving a dozen people killed.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER

By July 2020, the Los Angeles Police Department’s Wilshire Division had no recorded homicides. It now has at least 10.

Homicides are up 25% across Los Angeles, a surge pushed by a 50% increase from South Los Angeles.

That's awesome....but how do you shoot someone in the calf from 10'?

Comment

I guess he shot amongst them! Makem dance!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        That's awesome....but how do you shoot someone in the calf from 10'?
        Well, it is California

Comment

This is proof to all the keyboard activists that you can indeed shoot someone in the leg instead of killing them.

Comment

The shooter will likely be the one prosecuted

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
              The shooter will likely be the one prosecuted
              Yep, those were just a couple, hungry, and oppressed saints.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                Yep, those were just a couple, hungry, and oppressed saints.
                They were, more than likely, seeking donations for their
                college fund.

Comment

The shooter was either a good shot or a bad shot. Just depends on how you want to look at it

Comment

How else are they supposed to pay their rent but by robbing folks?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                      This is proof to all the keyboard activists that you can indeed shoot someone in the leg instead of killing them.

Back in 1975 my training Sargent said “ if you remember one thing I tell you, let it be that no jury has ever called on a dead witness.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Years ago a buddy that lives in Houston caught an intruder in his garage trying to remove the stainless steel prop off his boat. He shot him and only wounded him. When the police arrived my friend was told that next time he needs to shoot to kill- that way they only have one story to listen to.

Comment

I bet that guy had one in the chamber ready to go

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
                            I guess he shot amongst them! Makem dance!
                            Lol

Comment

Working...
                            X