Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowrance vs. Humminbird

GO!

Ok, ok...since this is a bowhunting site I thought I'd start a fishing thread. I've always been a Lowrance guy, but I'm open-minded about this. What is your preference and why? I'll be upgrading soon. Thanks!

I am currently running Lawrance. If I were buying new I would strongly consider Garmin

Comment

Garmin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My new to me boat has a garmin and I love it so far

Comment

Just installed a Lowrance Elite Ti2 with a 12 inch screen. Love it.

Comment

I have two Humminbird Helix 10s and a Garmin for livescope. I like them.

Comment

You got nilgai to mount. Not fish to catch!

Comment

Humminbird to me are more user friendly but it's all preference.

Comment

Garmin Lowrance and humminbird all have pretty equal side scan and down scan. However, almost everybody agrees that humminbird has the best mapping at least on lakes. I have 2 10 inch humminbirds at the console of my boat and a 12 inch at the bow along with a 12 inch Garmin for livescope. I like birds my only complaints are that Humminbird Solix’ take forever to start up and they are a pain to take on and off the boat if you need to take them off at a hotel or for whatever reason.

Comment

Humminbird Helix and Garmin livescope

Comment

Hummingbird definitely wins on down imaginary and side scan with the more powerful sonar. The farming wins on live scope.

I’ve got a Lowrance and hummingbird and I’d definitely do a hummingbird in back and garmin up front if I could

Comment

Bird unless your dropping coin on crappie TV and Garmin.

I have lowrance and h bird

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got lowrance(HDS) and hummingbird(mega helix). Hummingbird puts out more wattage-therefore much better graphics(SI, DI, on the console). Saltwater guys all seem to go with lowrance-got a solid chartplotter. If youre a crappie man like me-you'll want to consider garmin's livescope upfront....pick your medicine!

Comment

I run a Lowrance carbon 12 on fhe console and and 9 up front. It’s more user friendly to me. A tuned Mega HB helix throws a nice picture but it’s a pain to set waypoints on one. I can mark 5 spots before you can enter one with the bird. For live fishing nobody has come close to Garmin. As for mapping I use navionics platinum and my podnuh uses HB Lakemasters. Some lakes navionics is better and others lakemasters. As much as I travel I really need both for mapping!

Comment

If your fishing off shore Garmin livescope is the. Way to go .

Comment

Working...
                              X