Guy across the street recording my house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
    Welp.....there's no unseeing that video once you watch it. Maybe just leave Mr. crazy alone until he steps over the line, then call the cops.
    A guy in our neighborhood has tried to kick in / yank open several doors in the neighborhood (at around 4 or 5 in the morning) in the past couple of weeks. He is panting, pacing and saying things like, "Call 911", "your hands behind your head", "mass murder" on the Ring videos. Has broken one windshield and scratched another car.

Police have been called several times but don't seem to want or be able to do much apparently. not sure if it is mental or drug issues, or both but it is sad and aggravating at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
      Several lessons here.

1. Never, ever tell someone (especially a person with mental issues) that your wife, daughter, kids, etc... are home alone or when they are alone. You have never talked to this neighbor in 10 years, you know his family left him and yet you trust him with knowledge of your absence?

2. If you suspect someone is crazy, never come onto their property and give them cause.

3. "You catch more bees with sugar" Be nice to begin with rather than accusatory.
      This.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
        Declaring war on a neighbor is always a bad idea, ignore his camera, I recommend a cherry pie, I live close to very dangerous people and can party with them just fine, have enough common sense not to call cops, he wont blow you away after the pie, then u shouldn’t blow him away either. So easy.
        Good advice except the cherry pie. That might **** him off even more. Chocolate is the pie of peace.

Comment

All assumptions aside from family problems and past experiences, you call the cops immediately when someone takes a gun outside and threatens to "mess you up".

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
            This. Truth of the matter is that this shooter may have been totally sane and snapped. This has been going on for a while between these three. That type of exchange doesn’t happen on a first offense. And yes I was stunned when he came back and finished em off. Very sad day indeed.
            You said what I was thinking, horrible situation that should have never happened.

OP, document and don’t antagonize.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
              Once the gun comes out, time to head inside and come up with a different strategy.
              If he’s half nuts he ain’t too far from using it.

There’s a self defense video of a bad neighbor run in ending in a double shooting not too long ago.
              I’ll go dig it up....

Active Self Defense video- Graphic warning -
              https://youtu.be/Id9pd8zfQcs
              That’s insane...

Comment

That video is some scary stuff.

Sad deal for the couple that got killed.

Maybe the crazy shooter would have snapped anyway, but it sure seems like the situation could have been deescalated several times. I would also bet this was not the first confrontation between the two parties.

Watch that video - and either ignore or make nice w/ your neighbor until you don't live there anymore. I agree w/ the statements on this thread about letting the police know, but would avoid causing a confrontation between him and the police unless it is absolutely necessary. He would probably blame you for whatever happened.

Comment

Some of these responses, goodness!!! I have strange neighbors but I get along with all of them very good because I make it a point to do so.

Comment

You need to talk to the law. Document, document. You need a paper trail if something goes bad. Don’t do anything to provoke him. He sounds a little loopy to me.

Comment

Several morals to the video :
                      Don’t throw snow in your crazy neighbor’s driveway.
                      Don’t curse your crazy neighbor like a macho 16 year old
                      Don’t stand there like a dumbazz for the first few shots….he’s eventually gonna hit you
                      Instead of moaning and groaning after you’re down, call 911
                      Last but not least, don’t be as crazy as your damm neighbor
                      Maybe one more, don’t have neighbors !

Comment

The bravado abounds. Best advice is to not provoke him in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                          Several morals to the video :
                          Don’t throw snow in your crazy neighbor’s driveway.
                          Don’t curse your crazy neighbor like a macho 16 year old
                          Don’t stand there like a dumbazz for the first few shots….he’s eventually gonna hit you
                          Instead of moaning and groaning after you’re down, call 911
                          Last but not least, don’t be as crazy as your damm neighbor
                          Maybe one more, don’t have neighbors !
                          I can’t believe he missed that many times from that range. Very sad indeed

Comment

Haven't read all the replies but if the cop your dealing with doesn't EDO ask him why he hasn't and ask for someone else. The officers around here EDO for a heck of alot less. this will require him to be assessed by psych. hell either go straight to a psych facility or sit in an ER until cleared and seen by one. Sound paranoid with a psych history, a weapon, and threatening you. they wont arrest him but ittl be enough to write and EDO. Tough situation because truth is hell be back home in the near future again either way
                            Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 07-08-2021, 06:06 PM.

Comment

What is EDO? My old self can’t keep up with abbreviations even though it’s simple I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post

There’s a self defense video of a bad neighbor run in ending in a double shooting not too long ago.
                                I’ll go dig it up....

Active Self Defense video- Graphic warning -
                                https://youtu.be/Id9pd8zfQcs

Wow!! Just wow!

Comment

Working...
                                X