Summer Showcase Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
    Looks like y’all lost a close one to ubc Reyes. I know Rico and a bunch of those boys. My son plays for ubc Tompkins.
    The tie breaker they used was bases loaded one out. Didn’t favor us where we were in the lineup. We actually lost on a bases loaded walk on a 3-2 pitch. They were the home team. Pretty sure the ump was tired of the marathon game. All the teams we played were solid. I prefer the wood bat format anyway. I will keep an eye out for the Tompkins team down the road. We will be in Tomball next weekend.
    Last edited by speck1; 06-18-2021, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Same thing happened to us last night. It sucks to lose in a California tie break format, but I get why they have to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
        The tie breaker they used was bases loaded one out. Didn’t favor us where we were in the lineup. We actually lost on a bases loaded walk on a 3-2 pitch. They were the home team. Pretty sure the ump was tired of the marathon game. All the teams we played were solid. I prefer the wood bat format anyway. I will keep an eye out for the Tompkins team down the road. We will be in Tomball next weekend.
        How long do you think there will still be umpires actually on the field? Especially college and pro level? They turn to video review for all the calls on the bases. If they did away with the guy behind the plate it would eliminate all human error from calling balls and strikes.

Comment

Just got the schedule a lot of driving on this one jumping school to school. Starts on Thursday and play one game every day some fields 120 miles apart crazy schedule.

Comment

Not many people playing showcase baseball I guess or at least not yet. We have 2 more weekends left then off for fall to get stronger with strength and conditioning to get ready for HS school ball. This has been a big change from the select world one game everyday is a lot different format.

Comment

My boy plays his last summer showcase tournament this weekend and then a much needed break. To me this summer was kind of a wash. Really unorganized tournaments with little to no exposure from what I could tell. The rain didn't help much either. We'll just keep working and see what happens!

Comment

Last tournament this weekend, we didn’t play as well as I thought we should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                  Not many people playing showcase baseball I guess or at least not yet. We have 2 more weekends left then off for fall to get stronger with strength and conditioning to get ready for HS school ball. This has been a big change from the select world one game everyday is a lot different format.
                  We have been running all summer at some of the bigger events in the country. I left Austin on June 7th with my 2022 son. We played in Atlanta back to back weeks with a flight from Atlanta to Boston in between to train. Then drove from Atlanta to Cary, NC for a tourney at USA baseball. From Cary to Hoover, AL where we won it all and then back to Atlanta for the WWBA. Got back to Austin last Tuesday and went to Dallas on Friday to play. Wrapped up Monday there and head out to Phoenix on Sunday for our last scheduled tourney. It’s been a great ride!
                  Last edited by TXJIM; 07-22-2021, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Finish this weekend at the 16u Premier state tourney in Franklin. It’s been a fun summer but seven weeks in a row out of town is enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                      My boy plays his last summer showcase tournament this weekend and then a much needed break. To me this summer was kind of a wash. Really unorganized tournaments with little to no exposure from what I could tell. The rain didn't help much either. We'll just keep working and see what happens!
                      Think I have to agree on this myself. I have seen a few scouts here and there, but nothing to brag about. I thought we would have seen more in Louisiana, but nope maybe 2 at most. We had a group go to Atlanta and they where disappointed in that as well no exposure at all on certain fields as you would think for the cost of that tournament there should have been more at every location.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                        Think I have to agree on this myself. I have seen a few scouts here and there, but nothing to brag about. I thought we would have seen more in Louisiana, but nope maybe 2 at most. We had a group go to Atlanta and they where disappointed in that as well no exposure at all on certain fields as you would think for the cost of that tournament there should have been more at every location.
                        We just wrapped up our last tournament and unfortunately it was more of the same. We've pretty much played all RBI Texas tournaments, but did play one PG event. My son got alot of reps, got better, and had fun so it was a success from that perspective!

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                          We will have to agree to disagree, if your good and you are putting up the numbers they will find you. They were scouts at every one of my sons games starting from the time he was on JV. Not all looking at him because we have several good players but they do some. They also read the paper and know what team has what.
                          Read the paper? Are we talking about recruiting in 2021? 99 percent of recruiting is now showcase clinics/camps/leagues and online profiles that can be sent straight to the college coach’s desk year around.

Comment

Some of my best memories come from summer time travel ball!! Enjoy it.

Comment

Hate hearing the events didnt have alot of eyes. Problem is most programs are stacked and backlogged. Covid strikes again and some good ball players will never get a chance at next level. The portal has alot of kids as well. Kids that got signed before Covid and now there is not a place for them there. Good luck

Comment

I have seen lots of coaches at every event we have played this summer. They have an idea who they want to see and what teams. They don’t watch every game. PBR underclass at A&M this Tuesday will probably have 30 plus coaches there. When two teams with lots of prospects match up there are always lots of coaches. My son is a 2023 so we are hoping some of the player backlog starts to clear. Need a full draft next year for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X