No announcement yet.

Chandeleur Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just talked to Doug... Now I'm even more jealous!! Y'all are going to have a great trip!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      I've got a pretty big tackle box, I could probably fit one of you in it .... for a price

Ain’t no way you can fit Charlie in a tackle box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Ain’t no way you can fit Charlie in a tackle box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I wouldn't want to come out smellin' like a croaker neither! You go ahead Justin! I'll go nest time!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          I've got a pretty big tackle box, I could probably fit one of you in it .... for a price
          Just make sure that tackle box has some magic grass DSL’s in it, and some Trout Support Lures. If you think you’ve seen grass before, wait till you get out there.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            just make sure that tackle box has some magic grass dsl’s in it, and some trout support lures. If you think you’ve seen grass before, wait till you get out there.
            fact!!!

Comment

Just make sure that tackle box has some magic grass DSL’s in it, and some Trout Support Lures. If you think you’ve seen grass before, wait till you get out there.
              I got some now! Thanks Charlie!

Comment

Good deal, I'll be stocked on weedless hooks!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  And I wouldn't want to come out smellin' like a croaker neither! You go ahead Justin! I'll go nest time!
                  I only throw shrimp! They smell better!

Comment

Matrix shad in the translucent colors worked great too. I’ll be bringing them back

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                      Matrix shad in the translucent colors worked great too. I’ll be bringing them back
                      Yessir in "Creole"
                      If you're wading on the inside, 1/8 oz or 1/16 oz jig heads. On the outside 1/4 or 3/8 oz. outside start sloooow with DSL on the bottom. Speed up retrieve until you find the magic retrieve. Over the years, I've found technique is much more important than color out there.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Yessir in "Creole"
                        If you're wading on the inside, 1/8 oz or 1/16 oz jig heads. On the outside 1/4 or 3/8 oz. outside start sloooow with DSL on the bottom. Speed up retrieve until you find the magic retrieve. Over the years, I've found technique is much more important than color out there.

Yep. Just as long as it has a chartreuse tail.

Comment

I seen the talk on the raypel product and figured I should share my experience. I bought a pair for myself and a buddy about a month ago and from what we can tell, they don't like it. Normally we have to poke them with our rod tips cause they just sit there, but both times we have walked up on them they took off. My buddy had one swim right at him and he said it stopped and went the other way when it got to him. My buddy got hit about 2 years ago and it aint no fun. Cool product and from what I was told, the owner is a young fisherman from TX.

That trip sounds like one heck of a time.
                          Last edited by saltyredhead; 06-20-2020, 10:39 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Man this looks like an awesome trip. Y’all can put me down as a back-up if anyone has to bail out.

Comment

Just over a month away!

Comment

Barring weather or Kung-Flu, y'all should "NUKE" 'em!! Anybody comes down with the Rona last minute and you need somebody to "fill their shoes", I'm packed and ready!!

Comment

Working...
                                X