No announcement yet.

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We cooked every meal on it while camping this past weekend. I think some skirt steak will hit the griddle tonight for fajitas!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      So it's not a "fad" then you just don't have anyone to cook for. I've got 7 people living with me, and the griddle is just what I need. I have a smokehouse, offset BBQ pit, gas grill, and a park style charcoal grill. Right now I'm loving the new griddle. Sure I may use it more now because it's new, but I don't see myself ever not using it.
      its looks like a new tbh fad to me! move on...........

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Recipe: shrimp on the griddle.

Ingredients
          1 Tablespoon olive oil
          2 Tablespoon Butter
          4 Cloves garlic
          12 oz Shrimp
          1 Pinch of .salt
          1 Tablespoon Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
          3 Dashes Cayenne Pepper
          Chopped Parsley
          2 Cups cooked rice
          1 tsp Sesame Oil
          2 tsp Soy Sauce
          1 TBSP Ponzu Sauce
          Instructions
          1. Turn griddle to medium heat.
          2. Add the olive oil and butter.
          3. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
          4. Add the shrimp and stir to combine well.
          5. Add the salt and lemon juice then move the shrimp around to coat it all evenly.
          6. Top the shrimp with the cayenne pepper and parsley.
          7. Move the shrimp over and add the rice to the griddle.
          8. Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, and ponzu to the rice. Toss the rice to coat in the sauce. Add chopped parsley and toss some more.
          9. Plate the rice first, then top with the shrimp. Sprinkle a little more fresh chopped parsley on top and serve immediately.

Recipe Notes
          Shrimp cooks fast so once it hits the griddle it will typically only take 4-5 minutes to cook. Pay attention to the shape and color to make sure you don't overcook it. The shrimp will turn opaque and curl up like a letter "C". Once it hits this point quickly garnish with the Cayenne pepper and parsley and remove from the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
            Yea, that's kinda what the back button on the old inter web is for... hopefully this is just your parting "shot" as YOU move on...

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Phil View Post
              Anyone had any luck with the griddle plates off Amazon?

Seems like a way to add some functionality to the gas grill.
              Might not be big enough to really support a major cooking effort but then again they don't cost $$$$ either.
              This is the only way I make burgers anymore, but I put it on my Weber. You get the griddle cooked textures and the grilled flavors.

Comment

Had my brother and his family come out to the property this weekend. We did fajitas for supper one night and home made sausage, bacon, egg tacos for breakfast.

Comment

We ate way too much tonight

I put some skirt steaks on the griddle and sautéed onions and bell peppers. Then buttered the griddle and heated up some tortillas for fajitas. Fixins include: cheese, sour cream, sliced avocado, salsa, and fresh limes to squeeze on the meat.

Comment

Just ordered the 28" model on amazon

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
                      Just ordered the 28" model on amazon

Mine is in Florida, scheduled to arrive in Thursday. Amazon hasn't let me down yet. I can't wait

Comment

Make America Griddle Again

Comment

I found a 17 " today at walmart marked down to $49
                          Attached Files

Comment

Anyone have any feedback on the Academy 36" vs the Blackstone? And will the cover that fits the Academy brand fit the Blackstone?

Comment

I'm gettin' pretty antsy... It's Friday and I haven't heard a word from my fabricator... May actually have to tell him this ain't no "gubment job" and that I intend to pay him for his efforts... maybe that'll speed him up... I'm thinkin' he may not get in a hurry for a freebie... Gonna give him 'til lunch time to call...

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                Anyone have any feedback on the Academy 36" vs the Blackstone? And will the cover that fits the Academy brand fit the Blackstone?
                                I have the Academy one. I had actually never seen a Blackstone until a couple of years after I had mine. The only thing I wish was different about mine is the shelves on both sides that cover the grill don't come together all the way like some of the Blackstone models I have seen. None of them have a great drain setup.

I don't see why the cover for the academy one won't fit. They appear to be similar in size to me. I like the fact that it has a zipper on front to make it easy to put on and take off.

Comment

Working...
                                X