Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    It will if you keep voting democrat.
    Nowhere did I say I am strictly voting Democrat. I am voting for one person that I believe is better than the Republican candidate for that position. For the most part, I will vote straight party ticket in all the other races, if I have some knowledge of the people running for that position. I'm not going to wear a tinfoil hat and just vote straight line party ticket just because I'm a republican when I have no idea about the other people that are running in the race. To me, that is a disservice to the system. Voting for someone that you know nothing about, yet you are voting for them simply because they wear red or blue. That is a travesty in and of itself.

Just make sure that you don't whine and complain when your candidate wins and the public education system and school finance goes even further into the toilet bowl than it already is, especially if you are unable to send your child to a private school. I am not even going to go into the problems with the voucher system that Dan Patrick is trying to pass.

Good luck to your candidate, who ever it may be. I am out on this thread. I am not going to change any minds and you are not going to change mine. Have a nice day.

Comment

For the teachers, fireman, etc what is a state that is doing things the way you would like them done? No this isn't a smart*** way of throwing out a gotcha question. I don't keep up with the things being discussed on this thread.

Comment

The Lt Governor is the real power in Austin, not the Governor. A vote blue puts just another hurdle in the way of this state staying red. Dan Patrick is a good man and a great LG....there’s more to his job than regulating some folks career choices and retirement plans. My kids are in public school, but I assure you, when and if they pass vouchers.....we gone.

Comment

This is why we can't have nice things. People have to start getting insulting, belittling and demeaning to each other.

Gary

Comment

Vote like a pirate - RRRRRRRRRR

Comment

I will vote the way I want, no matter what others say. If it is straight R, then so be it. I have not voted yet, but might, and that is a long shot, might vote for a Libertarian, but I will NEVER, EVER vote for a Dumbocrat. I have in the far past, but not today.

In my personal opinion, you do not vote for a Republican against a Dumbocrat, then that is a vote for the Dumbocrat. Again, just my opinion. vote how you want, that is what America is about, but if you vote for a Dumbocrat and something is taken away from you that you do not like, you have no cause to complain! Thinking something will not happen because it has not happened before is a recipe for our rights to disappear!

Comment

Any vote that is not red or any vote not cast is a half or a whole vote for a liberal. I couldn't live with that on my conscious. Liberalism has been a failure for the people everywhere it's taken hold. Just look around you here in Texas or look at California, Detroit, Chicago, NYC etc etc. The ONLY cities and states that are failing are liberal enclaves.

Comment

Burt Reynolds died

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                    The Lt Governor is the real power in Austin, not the Governor. A vote blue puts just another hurdle in the way of this state staying red. Dan Patrick is a good man and a great LG....there’s more to his job than regulating some folks career choices and retirement plans. My kids are in public school, but I assure you, when and if they pass vouchers.....we gone.
                    ^^^This^^^

Put a Democrat in that office and you can forget about any conservative legislation being brought to the Senate floor. With RINO House Speaker Strauss leaving we finally have a chance to get some good things passed...like property tax relief.

Comment

Teachers unions, associations, etc. always support democrats. Then complain when they don't get their way. Maybe they should think about supporting winners. Yes, Dan Patrick is a dweeb but I voted for him anyway. Can't let the democrats gain a foothold. Especially the Lt. Governor spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
                        Inflated salaries? A Houston Firenan starts out at 28k a year. That qualifies him for the Lone Star Card if he has a family. Also, police, fire, & teachers do not get social security. But if you want to come risk your life like me for my over inflated salary & my crappy pension; come on. I invite you to come ride with us for a 24hr Shift, then let me know how you feel.

It’s an honorable job you do, but it is your choice to do it. You knew the pay and pension plan going into it. You are also free to leave at anytime.
                        If I worked for any branch of government I would get out, pensions are going bankrupt all across the country do to over promises. If your depending on government for your retirement in any aspect I feel sorry for you cause you are tied to a historically bad financial institution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                          Again, you do not know what you are talking about. STATE BASE PAY for a teacher, are you listening, STATE BASE PAY, is $28k for a 1st year teacher. The other portion of the salary is coming from the district, so that they can hire teachers and keep teachers. That extra money comes from the district so people will want to work there. If the districts did not offer this, schools would be so understaffed that the inmates would be running the asylum. Hell, it is like that now anyway.

Ignorant people get my blood boiling, especially when they do not know what they are talking about, yet continue to talk just to hear their own voice. When your kids or grandchildren dont have a teacher that is worth a crap or dont have enough teachers in the school to teach the subject they are certified in, then you will see and I am sure you will **** and moan to someone about how your school district sucks and they are doing it all wrong. Well, bud, here are the keys to my classroom! Have at it. I spend more time on a daily basis than you do with your own child. I interact with them, teach them, comfort them, and all the stuff that comes with being a teacher. And guess what. I absolutely enjoy it and love it. I did not get into this for the money and have thought about leaving 2 different times for MORE money. But I love what I do. That does not mean that I dont think I should be compensated appropriately for the time I put in to help and mentor YOUR KID! I work 70 hour weeks and if you think I am wrong for thinking that I should be compensated correctly for that time, then I have a few more words for you.

But you chose this profession freely and have the ability to leave anytime if you want to. Also if I’m understanding correctly teachers make more that 28,000 because the city will pick up the another 20000 or so to attract teachers. Meaning they do make more money than 28,000.00. Also this puts more power at the local level which is a good thing. Meaning if the people want better schools and teachers they can vote to have higher property taxes which if the politicians do what they say(big if) that district will have better education because they will attract better teachers because they chose to pay more than other districts. I see this as a good thing, allows choice at a local level.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                            And all the sheeple who think your guns are going to get taken away by a Democrat or their gun rights are going to be infringed upon, please give me a break. If you really think someone is going to come in and make a law for you to give up your guns or not be able to purchase them, then I dont know what else to tell you. You already have your tinfoil hat on. Hell, the last democratic PRESIDENT didnt take your guns. Hillary didnt take your guns. Pelosi is not going to take your guns. Reid is not going to take your guns. McCarthy, Scalise, and Hoyer are not going to take your guns. They all try, but that will never happen. So to say that a Lt. Governor is going to restrict gun ownership, take your guns, take away your right, blah blah blah, and that is your reasoning for not voting for him is ludicrous.

And to answer the question about voting for Lt. Governor. Yes, you do not vote for him. Leave that box blank. Dont give him the opportunity. Hell, dont vote for any of them, but especially dont vote for him because of the straight ticket BS.

Have you ever heard of the assault rifles ban signed under Clinton, but nice try. And democrats have that and much more planned if they could get it through.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                              education funding has been cut, therefore putting the burden on the local districts. This in return is causing property taxes to go up

So it’s either property taxes go up locally or the state has to raise more revenue somewhere else to put into the education system. So either way I am paying more, I would rather pay more at the local level if I have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
                                Have you ever heard of the assault rifles ban signed under Clinton, but nice try. And democrats have that and much more planned if they could get it through.

Guns, mags, gun powder, bullets, scary packaging.....those bastages will never stop.

Not sure how real 2A supporters can't see that

Comment

Working...
                                X