Sniper Hog vs EWT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniper Hog vs EWT

Seems like the elevated mount for the EWT is preferable as I’ve heard it gets a more accurate sight picture. However, it seems like the light itself and customer service are better with sniper hog. Anyone had both?

Or anyone ever mount a sniper hog on an ewt mount?

Comment

I’d just go with sniper all the way. Trying to do a warranty claim through ewt sucks

Comment

Customer support is great with SHL. they will pick up the phone when you call. Rob, one of the owners, is a member here and they are a site sponsor.

Comment

I've got a couple of SHL products. First one I bought probably 12 years ago. I had an issue with it after about 5 years. They exchanged for the newer style light (which is still working great) and gave me a new battery to boot.
          So I bought another light which is still working well as well.

Gary

Comment

They both have a satisfaction guarantee I believe so buy both lights and send back the one you don't like as much so you can try out both to see the pros and cons of each. I have the hd elite mount setup because the generic w&e mount they use will not stay locked in place over time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't make a direct comparison between the Sniper Hawg Light and the EWT lights.

My first light was a Predator Tactics Coyote Reaper. I liked it, until I bought a Sniper Hawg Light 66LRX. The target seemed to be lit up more and there was less light to the sides. By that I'll give an example.
              Sitting in my pop up blind with the Predator Tactics light it had to be outside the blind out it would light up the inside of the blind as well.. Also when in to open you can see to the sides of where the light is pointing. I think Robert from Sniper Hawg Lights calls that the Halo

With all 3 of my Sniper hawg lights I don't have to that issue. Only issue I've ever had with a blind and my Sniper Hawg Lights has been a blind issue. Windows not talk enough, so I put it under my hand guard and user the remote switch.

Comment

Been looking at Sniper Hawg Lights myself. I am planning on mounting on my AR and using a remote switch. Which of the SHL's are preferred without breaking the bank? Had my eye on the 66LRX...

Comment

Originally posted by JGlock30 View Post
                  Been looking at Sniper Hawg Lights myself. I am planning on mounting on my AR and using a remote switch. Which of the SHL's are preferred without breaking the bank? Had my eye on the 66LRX...
                  Rifle only?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                    Rifle only?
                    Yes, rifle only

Comment

Originally posted by JGlock30 View Post
                      Yes, rifle only
                      I'd get the 66LRX. If it's too much you can by it's the 38LRX head with it having to buy a while new light.

When I got mine I got, red, white, green an IR.

I've had better luck in my area using the Red bulb.

I knew I needed wanted a NV score there's why I got IR bulb

Comment

I’ve bought several lights from SHL and have been very pleased with all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                          I'd get the 66LRX. If it's too much you can by it's the 38LRX head with it having to buy a while new light.

When I got mine I got, red, white, green an IR.

I've had better luck in my area using the Red bulb.

I knew I needed wanted a NV score there's why I got IR bulb
                          Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Adding the 66LRX to my shopping list!

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                            I’ve bought several lights from SHL and have been very pleased with all.
                            Great to hear, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                            X