No announcement yet.

Second rut. When does it happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your buck/doe ratio is skewed toward does you might not even see a full blown intense rut. The more does you have, the longer it lasts, but less intense.

Like this, if you were the good looking quarterback in high school, all the girls are after your goods. If you were the science geek, your rut, (by necessity) would be intense, but pretty **** short. Capiche ?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      If your buck/doe ratio is skewed toward does you might not even see a full blown intense rut. The more does you have, the longer it lasts, but less intense.

Like this, if you were the good looking quarterback in high school, all the girls are after your goods. If you were the science geek, your rut, (by necessity) would be intense, but pretty **** short. Capiche ?
      The man has a point

Comment

Guessing he was the geek and speaking first hand truths?! [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
          Is that a real word ??????
          Absolutely!!!!!!!!! Winning... Go Trump..

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
            Is that a real word ??????

I was thinking the exact same thing! HAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
              Guessing he was the geek and speaking first hand truths?! [emoji41]
              Actually, I was neither. I was the 10th grade dropout who went on to be a very successful businessman, and, as we all know, money is the best DOE lure ever !

Comment

Can’t argue with that!

Comment

Smart and I hunt fairly close to each other. He gave me good insight into the rut. I missed the first one but will be there for second

Comment

In Mills county early born yearlings start cycling within a few days of Christmas. Older does not bred the first time cycle about the same time. Biggest buck ever killed on my place was about Dec. 23rd. He was after a yearling.

Comment

Halloween
                      Thanksgiving
                      Christmas

Happy Holidays

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        Still waiting on the first one
                        It’s gone my man! North Texas was around Nov 6-18th, been slow since but it was hot hot hot during those days, Nov 8 proves to be the magical day once again.

Comment

Originally posted by R6hunter View Post
                          It’s gone my man! North Texas was around Nov 6-18th, been slow since but it was hot hot hot during those days, Nov 8 proves to be the magical day once again.
                          Not where I'm at amigo! Them deers are just now seeing what's up!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by R6hunter View Post
                            Not in Mexico

Comment

Last year they were at it from the first day of bow season till the end in some way or another. This year they started 7-10 days ago. It will be two weeks then the second one will roll around mid December for a few days. Then it will be on when the bucks are worn down, tired and hungry. The pastures are dead and they hit the oats and wheat! That's the progression in our area.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                                Smart and I hunt fairly close to each other. He gave me good insight into the rut. I missed the first one but will be there for second
                                Would like to hear what he had to say. Smart is well, pretty smart.

Comment

Working...
                                X