First Archery Blackbuck Ram down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
    I have been seeing this guy for a couple years and was hoping to get a shot at him once he hit 20” or 4 curls, but also knew that may not happen if someone else got to him first
    I have seen him when I was in a rifle blind and didn’t want to hunt him with a rifle

With archery, Last night was sit number 7 targeting this specific blackbuck
    The males tend to be territorial and will spend a lot of time in one area

He has busted me twice while walking to my blind,another time when I finally left the blind after 4 hrs to head back to camp and he was walking my way [emoji22]

last night I had him walking in and I was ready to shoot, but a doe freaked out right as he stepped into shooting range and he ran off

So, this morning I went to a different spot a little further away and decided to hunt over a dung pile in hopes he would come by marking his territory

Corn is piled up at our feeders right now which made me doubt he would come to a feeder

About 5 minutes into legal shooting light, he shows up solo and is walking toward the dung pile

I was able to send a bolt thru his lungs and seal the deal before he could move on
    Gave him an hour to die, then tracked blood for 400 yds

Very happy with this hunt and with the blessing of a great trophy too

He measured 22” straight tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    awsome harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lineman1021 View Post
      awsome harvest.
      I don’t see any corn or wheat?

Comment

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
        I have been seeing this guy for a couple years and was hoping to get a shot at him once he hit 20” or 4 curls, but also knew that may not happen if someone else got to him first
        I have seen him when I was in a rifle blind and didn’t want to hunt him with a rifle

With archery, Last night was sit number 7 targeting this specific blackbuck
        The males tend to be territorial and will spend a lot of time in one area

He has busted me twice while walking to my blind,another time when I finally left the blind after 4 hrs to head back to camp and he was walking my way [emoji22]

last night I had him walking in and I was ready to shoot, but a doe freaked out right as he stepped into shooting range and he ran off

So, this morning I went to a different spot a little further away and decided to hunt over a dung pile in hopes he would come by marking his territory

Corn is piled up at our feeders right now which made me doubt he would come to a feeder

About 5 minutes into legal shooting light, he shows up solo and is walking toward the dung pile

I was able to send a bolt thru his lungs and seal the deal before he could move on
        Gave him an hour to die, then tracked blood for 400 yds

Very happy with this hunt and with the blessing of a great trophy too

He measured 22” straight tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        congrats

Comment

Nice work Jay

Comment

great looking BB. He has beautiful color.

Comment

Nice animal. He's got great mass

Comment

Beautiful animal

Comment

Nice BB Jay!

Comment

Nice congrats!

Comment

He's a pretty one! Way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                        great looking BB. He has beautiful color.
                        thanks, and taken from the comfy confines of a Krivoman blind

Comment

Holy cow, that's a great blackbuck! Way to go and be persistent!!

Comment

Dang that’s a Gold Medal buck

Comment

Working...
                            X