Ford SYNC 3 lagging problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford SYNC 3 lagging problems

Is anyone else having issues with their Ford SYNC 3 radio system locking up or real slow to respond? Mine will have a 10 to 20 second delay on answering a phone call. I deleted my phone and turned off the bluetooth to see if that was the issue but i still have a problem changing the radio. What have you done to fix the issue if you have had one?
    2018 F150.

I also have a 2018, but no issue with SYNC.

Comment

Well, I hope you don't. My doesn't work worth a dang. When the GPS is giving a voice direction, it will lock up mid sentence and I may be past the turn before it completes the direction. Turn up the radio, I press the volume button and nothing will happen. I will press it again and after a few seconds the volume will go up loud. It's like a computer when it doesn't have enough memory, everything moves real slow.

Comment

Had a 2016 f250 for a while. Had to pull the fuse regularly (once a week to once a month) to get the radio/sync to work correctly. "Normal" according to 2 dealerships.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
          Had a 2016 f250 for a while. Had to pull the fuse regularly (once a week to once a month) to get the radio/sync to work correctly. "Normal" according to 2 dealerships.
          So pulling and replacing the fuse made it work correctly for a week or so?

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
            So pulling and replacing the fuse made it work correctly for a week or so?
            Yes sir

Comment

I'll that a try tomorrow. Were you having the same issues?

Comment

Ford guy here. Sync sucks.
                Car play for the win.

Comment

Have you tried updating it?

Add the latest SYNC® 3 software capabilities and performance enhancements to your Ford. This latest version of SYNC 3 enables you to access Alexa skills on your in-car display, provides access to Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for even more Ford owners, plus overall performance improvements. Learn what’s included in this SYNC update. If your … Continued

If you keep up with updates on your phone, then you should do the same with your sync system.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                    Have you tried updating it?

Add the latest SYNC® 3 software capabilities and performance enhancements to your Ford. This latest version of SYNC 3 enables you to access Alexa skills on your in-car display, provides access to Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for even more Ford owners, plus overall performance improvements. Learn what’s included in this SYNC update. If your … Continued

If you keep up with updates on your phone, then you should do the same with your sync system.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk
                    Yes, I have done all the updates. Ford's website shows that the truck is up to date.
                    It is on 3.0 and was done by usb.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
                      Ford guy here. Sync sucks.
                      Car play for the win.
                      Would this require a new radio or just new software?

Comment

I'll that a try tomorrow. Were you having the same issues?
                        Slow, wouldn't connect, freeze up, or wouldnt come on at all are some of the issues.

Comment

They had to replace the brains on mine to fix issue. It was obviously a common issue as it was on 4 week backorder.

Comment

Car play is an app within the Sync 3 system. It won’t help with Sync software issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Carplay works through your phone through the usb, if you have a iPhone or a android you will have CarPlay. Lots of YouTube videos out there that could help ya out.

Comment

Working...
                              X