No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Astros World Series thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soto should get nothing but inside low pitches the rest if his life...
    And one good ear hole in his 20 year old head would put and end to the dancing and prancing.
    Nolan would have already relocated his jaw to the back of his head..

Fear is a great tool for a pitcher.
    Last edited by systemnt; 10-23-2019, 06:43 AM.

Comment

brutal night for the Astros. a couple of things.

-Springer was the best Astro on the field last night, yet he also is responsible for not putting himself in position to score the game tying run.
      -however, according to seasonal statistics, that ball should have been a homer easily except they clearly changed the balls again.
      -Reddick not getting the clear as day catcher interference was complete horse *****
      -Breggy man. what is there to say that he didn't say himself.
      -Correa was great in the field. terrible at the plate
      -Alvarez despite his 2 hits and a walk continues to be useless in the playoffs
      -Cole was touched up but no more than Scherzer was. but somehow the Nats scratched out 5 and the Stros only 2.
      -Joe Smith was lights out.
      -Astros are 0-53 when trailing after the 8th. that's incredible in its own right. doubly so when talking about team that won over a 100 games.

-Baseball is brutal man.

Comment

I didn't follow the Nats any this year, and I didn't put much stock in those of you that talked about how good they really have been since the break, but last night, I saw a team that came to play ball. They walked on that field with confidence like the Stros used to have. The Stros didn't have it last night, and in fact, they haven't had it for the entire playoffs... Thing is, they are just so good that even when the whole dang team is slumping and off their best game, they're still good enough to win most of the time... If they don't suck it up and get serious about playing the game, this Nats team could well be their demise. When you give up 5 runs and in turn leave 11 men on base, and go dang near o-fer with RISP, it's hard to win ball games...

Sure hope they come to play tonight. If I was Hinch, I'd lead off with Bregman and tell him to get out there and start the game with a homer... He's done it more than anyone else playing the game right now. Maybe that'd help Bregman get out of this funk he's in, and has been in for a while now...

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
          -however, according to seasonal statistics, that ball should have been a homer easily except they clearly changed the balls again.
          Oh sweet baby baseball Jesus...

Comment

My goodness ya'll are panicking already? It was game 1... It was a very good close game. That is how the World Series is suppose to be. They did not play well, and still only lost by 1, and almost tied the game up. JV tonight to even the series. Going to shape up to be a great series it looks like. I have to say that I can not stand SOTO.... He just p***es me off every time the camera goes to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Oh sweet baby baseball Jesus...
              What? Its pretty clear the league changed balls in the post season. Or at least “reduced the tolerances” as they like to say. Statistics prove it.

I’m fine with whatever ball the league chooses. But they keep screwing around with them.

Comment

Only watched 4 innings but from what I saw Cole was missing his spots again and leaving stuff up like his last start and it finally caught up to him.

Comment

What "Statistics" "prove" your theory?

I saw a better shot of the Springer double this morning. It was closer than I thought, and he could normally have gotten to 3rd busting it out of the box. But as it played out, Tucker was standing on 2nd when George rounded 1st. Had George been busting it all the way he would have been ~1/2 way to 2nd and hauling *** when Tucker left the base....he'd have been in Tucker's back pocket by the time they passed the short stop....which is a bad plan. he wasn't getting to 3rd anyway.

Two bonehead moves at once...I give George a pass because he's George. I bet you don't see that again the rest of his career.
                  Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-23-2019, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Until the Astros learn to play small ball when their bats aren't working they will not win these type of games. They have to learn to scratch and claw for every run when they can't even hit their weight.

Comment

What "Statistics" "prove" your theory?

I saw a better shot of the Springer double this morning. It was closer than I thought, and he could normally have gotten to 3rd busting it out of the box. But as it played out, Tucker was standing on 2nd when George rounded 1st. Had George been busting it all the way he would have been ~1/2 way to 2nd and hauling *** when Tucker left the base....he'd have been in Tucker's back pocket by the time they passed the short stop....which is a bad plan. he wasn't getting to 3rd anyway.

Two bonehead moves at once...I give George a pass because he's George. I bet you don't see that again the rest of his career.

Exit velocity and launch angle over 2,430 games played this year. The average distance of a ball hit like that was 22 feet farther.

Comment

I didn't realize they played that many games at Minute Maid this year.... You check the spin rate?

Comment

I didn't realize they played that many games at Minute Maid this year.... You check the spin rate?
                          So basically you have nothing to contribute. Cool.

Comment

So basically you have nothing to contribute. Cool.
                            Oh, I didn't realize your weak conspiracy theory was a contribution!

I'll try to contribute to your analytical interpretation, but if we're going to use statistics to determing how far a baseball goes, we need more than exit velo and launch angle.

How many of those hits in the sample were at MM Park?
                            How many were at ~12' above sea level?
                            How many were indoors?
                            What was the temp and humidity?
                            What about that spin rate?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              Until the Astros learn to play small ball when their bats aren't working they will not win these type of games. They have to learn to scratch and claw for every run when they can't even hit their weight.
                              ROFLMAO... @ "wont win these types of games..."...
                              A) check the record... they dont need your help.

B) they are in the world series... they dont need your help.

Settle down..

Comment

Exit velocity and launch angle over 2,430 games played this year. The average distance of a ball hit like that was 22 feet farther.
                                I see your point but there are a lot more statistics to take into account than exit velocity and launch angle if you want to go the statistics route. There is a statistic out there to prove anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X