Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official 2019 Astros World Series thread

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
    Really, he cost them a run being a diva. Yes they squandered tons of base runners but all he had to do was hustle and he chose the spotlight instead now they are down a game.

The guy on 2nd tagged up when he didn’t have to, Springer had nowhere to go after that. They cut the throw, he’d have been dead meat at 3rd.
    He had to make sure the kid scored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-22-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Mediocre. They will come around.
      Originally posted by MassMan View Post
      Bounce back tomorrow. They'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
      Not the Stros best day. That’s why it’s best of 7
      Yep. I ain't worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        I would be more inclined to put the blame on the hundred or so runners they left on base.
        Well hustle takes no talent getting runners in does. He made the hit. Run the bases like a pro and give your team a chance st least to go to extras.

Comment

Bregman's going to have to be more aggressive. He doesn't have to grind out every AB. He's getting behind way too much while watching very hittable pitches.

Comment

Well hustle takes no talent getting runners in does. He made the hit. Run the bases like a pro and give your team a chance st least to go to extras.
            Understood. Even so I don’t think you’ve read any of Dale’s explanations about why George couldn’t have made it to third even if he’d wanted to. If you want to place blame in that situation put it on Tucker.

Anyway, the whole team did poorly. Sitting on fat pitches (Bregman), and leaving RISP over and over (everyone), isn’t going to cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              Understood. Even so I don’t think you’ve read any of Dale’s explanations about why George couldn’t have made it to third even if he’d wanted to.
              I read it just don’t agree. I think he could have made third.

Comment

The kid tagged up...so when Springer got to 2nd he doesn’t know if the throw is going home or 3rd, or if the kid has to go back to 3rd. He could have gotten out of the box faster, but he was stuck when the kid tagged up.... he HAS TO make sure that run scores.

Comment

I would love to see an overhead shot.

Comment

Official 2019 Astros World Series thread

I read it just don’t agree. I think he could have made third.

Possibly, but if he doesn’t make it and gets thrown out at 3rd then we are still down a run with no one on the bases and one out. So if he stops at second and doesn’t risk being thrown out he still allows the run to score and we have a runner in scoring position with no one out. You CANT get thrown out at 3rd there or you run yourself right out of a potential rally. Him rounding second like he did made them cut the throw to home and allowed the run to score.
                    Last edited by jaker_cc; 10-22-2019, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Bregman I thought was supposed to be the mvp . He hasn’t done crap all playoffs . 4 hole hitter and hasn’t produced anything. If he doesn’t step up when they need him to they could be in trouble. This nats team can go toe to toe in every aspect of the game .

Comment

Lol at the advice for springer to be a better ball player.

Comment

Bregman was brutal last night....

3-0 pitch..94 mph RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE

Comment

11 base runners stranded
                            base running error on Springer
                            catcher interference not called
                            Bregman and Correa 1 for 9
                            Alverez strikes out on 3 pitches with bases loaded
                            Cole pitched his worst game of the year ( he looks tired and hitting the wall )
                            Diaz 0-9 and still pinch hitting

And with all that we lost by 1

Long series, probably going 7 games now

I would not give another pitch to Soto that he can do anything with

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                              Bregman was brutal last night....

3-0 pitch..94 mph RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE
                              I hope that libtard ***** goes 0-fer the rest of his life...

Comment

M....V.......P..

But yeh he is a libtard...mouth shut..swing bat...catch ball...throw ball...

Comment

Working...
                                X