Do you volunteer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patton View Post
    I co-founded a Non-Profit called https://www.deployedfamilyoutdoors.com/ and we specialize in taking the children of deployed soldiers on hunting and fishing trips.

In the process of starting a second non-profit that will be directly linked to several homeless communities and be focused on wild game meat donation.
    Sounds like a great idea.

I've often heard that you can tell a lot about a person by looking at their checkbook and their calendar. I'd like to be a better person on both those areas.

Comment

Columbus VFD
      Harvey Creek WMA President
      Northeast WMA Vice President

Comment

Every chance I get!

Comment

CCA and used to be a Houston rodeo volunteer.

Comment

volunteer

We do an annual medical mission to Uganda. We see about 15,000 during the week. Provide mosquito nets, medicines, medical doctors, optometrists, dentists, blood tests, etc.

Comment

I serve on two non profit boards as well as being an active member in my local Lions Club organization. On top of that, there is typically other stuff throughout the year that I will volunteer for

Comment

Did 20 years for the local VFD. My wife and I were 4-h leaders when my son was in school. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
                  Check with Texas Ramps, https://www.texasramps.org/ My former church did a lot with them. Good organization. They supply a list of needs and let you pick which to do. They pay for material and needed tools once you get started,
                  When we do a project for one of our own church members, we/church pays for the materials, but otherwise the Project office does. Local Sheriff's office provides the workshop and storage facilities for the pre-built modules and other materials needed. Some other volunteers and prisoners build the modules.

Comment

Wife and I were on our local Younglife committee for 9 years. Just stepped down last year. We also are active in our HS PTA Andy work the concession during the football games

Comment

Most of my volunteer work right now is through ARES. We are a group of HAM radio operators that provides communications for major events, not profits and also during disaster recovery.

Philip
                      W5PLA

Comment

Austin Convention Center Recycling Program

Habitat for Humanity

Austin Parks and Recreation

Comment

Texas Youth Hunting Program (TYHP): https://www.tyhp.org

These folks host over 200 youth hunts per year across the state. I recently volunteered as a hunting guide for a TYHP spot-and-stalk doe whitetail hunt at the 165K acre Pitchfork Ranch out in the panhandle. It was a great experience and most importantly the kids had a blast and learned a lot.

In addition to volunteering as a hunting guide, you can also volunteer as camp cook, supervise shooting activities, provide outdoor education, and just help make the hunts run smoothly. Give them a look.

I also volunteer a lot of time coordinating public policy efforts for the Texas Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers (BHA), a non-profit that advocates for hunter/angler access to our public lands and waters.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by FeetDown; 03-18-2019, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Was volunteered/nominated/tricked by a friend to sit on the board of a small trade association for cabinet makers. It's been 6 years and my term is up, now I'd like to find something else. I have 3 boys, but we dont do a lot of team sports, mostly outdoors stuff. I'd like to find another opportunity to volunteer atleast a few hours per month on something for them.

Comment

My family runs a Mobile Loaves and Fishes truck once a month

Comment

check the cookoff comity on facebook. cookoff every year for the past 12 and donate all to different charity every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X