Love to Bear Hunt From the Ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love to Bear Hunt From the Ground

This blind looks just like the one I was in last fall in Maine. I had a big boar come in to less than 10 yards, but didn't offer me a shot. I'll be after him again this fall.

Wow!
    I didn't know you were a life-and-death adrenaline seeker, Phillip.

The guy's arrow touched the big bear's nose!

And that blind wasn't fooling anybody, either. Every one of those bears looked right over to check out the new guy in the woods.

Comment

Two things...

1). He really let that beat get that close with no sidearm out?

2). That was more of a “lookatme” than a “blind.” Every animal in the zip code looked straight at him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been ten yards from several of em, growing up in the Quachita Mts. Back to a tree squirrel hunting or deer hunting, and one will come shuffling by. Had more than few tense moments. Soon as they wind you though, you would think someone stuck a cattle prod in their butt.

Comment

Yeah that would be exciting but exactly the reason I don't feel the need to shoot a bear.
          We fed them marshmallows by hand at the town dump (landfill) as a kid. They are like that. Curious and social and once they associate human scent with food, bold.
          I'm going this spring but honestly I have no clue why.

Gary

Comment

That’s awesome! You truly never know what will happen on any given hunt.

Comment

This picture was from inside my blind in Maine last fall. That barrel is 10 yds.
              Attached Files

Comment

That was KRAZy!

Comment

Your blind seems a lot better situated than the one in the video. Window narrower, uses vegetation on sides, plus the three small trees in front on the left side and the larger one mid-way between blind and barrel. All those factors would make you less obvious than the other, where there were just cedar boughs stacked in a low front wall.

Comment

Anyone have spare underwear???? Man that was waaaaay too close!
                    I’m going back to Ontario at the end of May to hunt bear again. Can’t wait but I promise you all I’ll be in a tree not on the ground lol

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                      Anyone have spare underwear???? Man that was waaaaay too close!
                      I’m going back to Ontario at the end of May to hunt bear again. Can’t wait but I promise you all I’ll be in a tree not on the ground lol
                      You do know that Black Bears can climb trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post

I do!!!! He scared the crap outta me when he zipped up the tree I was sitting in. I had a death grip on that can of bear spray, but did not use it!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                          I do but for some reason I fell a little safer up there. But the thought did cross my mind how fast I could unhook my safety harnesses if one decided he wanted my stand lmao

Comment

Ooooh What's that smell!!! Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              I do!!!! He scared the crap outta me when he zipped up the tree I was sitting in. I had a death grip on that can of bear spray, but did not use it!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Pity there's not a video of this.

Comment

Working...
                              X