Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Hate to see how you treat the kids selling cookies by the front door
    I like the cookie kids. They actually have something I need. #supportyourlocalcookiedealer.

Comment

You can tell the guys who are getting old and senile, just say'n

Comment

Only had the Cabelas folks do me that way once but now Sam's, its EVERY time you go in there, someone has a little stand in the aisle selling something I don't need or want so I have to detour around them.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          I like the cookie kids. They actually have something I need. #supportyourlocalcookiedealer.
          Them and the cheerleaders selling discount cards for school. When a group knocks on the door and does a cheer for you, how can you say no? I'm a sucker for cookies and cheerleaders.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
            Them and the cheerleaders selling discount cards for school. When a group knocks on the door and does a cheer for you, how can you say no? I'm a sucker for cookies and cheerleaders.
            I don’t think that’s going to hold up in court.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              I don’t think that’s going to hold up in court.
              Lmao

Comment

I think some people just look more approachable than others. I noticed about 4-5 years ago I guess I've gotten to a point people no longer approach me for anything. Doesn't bother me[emoji41]

OP just get the card! I have cabelas and Academy cards. Only use them when I make a purchase there. Then pay off each time. Boosts credit score and have credit in case an emergency happena.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've denied the academy card somewhere north of 100 times now. Same with the guy selling windows leaving Sam's, vacations at Bass Pro, etc.

I did buy girl scout cookies outside HEB over the weekend, Boy Scout popcorn outside Lowe's a few months ago, and a softball coupon card at my front door. I like to reward the kids who are hustling.

Comment

Just get the card. It saves 5% on every purchase. I have one and pay it off every month.
                    Saves me 5% on stuff I was going to buy anyway. They will also mail you some coupons occasionally for even more off. It's a good card to have. They will still ask you when you go in the store but just say I already have one. Easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      You can tell the guys who are getting old and senile, just say'n
                      Gave away your age by using "senile"

Comment

The most infuriating part for me is that if someone does decide to sign up for the card when they offer it at checkout, they just do the whole 20 minute process right there at the register and hold everybody else up that's just trying to get their s*** and leave.

Comment

Cookie kids are awesome.

Those wrapping paper kids can pound sand though.

If you are gonna bother me with a pitch for something I don't need, at least make it edible. I'm down with that.

Comment

Atta boy Jeff! You've arrived!! We'll save you a spot under the GOF canopy at Bowanza... Bring your own chair and walker tho...
                            Just experienced the first time at Sam's the other day of being asked what TV service I had... I told the guy "NUNYA"... He said, What is that one?" I said nunya business... He left me alone after that... I got me a few GOF points for that one too.

Comment

I like cookies...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Atta boy Jeff! You've arrived!! We'll save you a spot under the GOF canopy at Bowanza... Bring your own chair and walker tho...

Success!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X