GOF Rant - Academy Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    Ok Dangit. I’ll try to be more patient. But the little trickery thing is a bit much.
    I understand. At least they have a job.

Comment

Quit going in that Chinese junk store. It worked for me.

Comment

I was a manager ar Cabelas. They got $80 for each card they got approved from the bank. It amounted to millions every year after they paid the juice to associates. Nobody does anything for nothing. Always ****** me of when store personnel push them on me, if I wanted it I would already have it, but I get why they do it... Just move on.

Comment

Smh!

Comment

I will not set foot in Cabelas for 2 reasons.

1st is business related

2nd is their little credit card pushers.

Well Academy has started this little trick to push their card...

You walk in and they stop you by asking if they can help you find anything. Seems nice enough but they’ve only stopped you so they can push their credit card on you next. Same guy tried it twice in a row. Second time I was onto him and pushed my cart thru his knee joint. (Not really but I wanted to)

I’m an Academy fan but Dangit man, I don’t need financial advice/assistance from them. Just sell me crap that I can use.

No trickery!!

And get off my lawn.

Academy must not want my money because they have denied me in the last 5 years.

They must have me on camera skimming their worm bar 20 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LoL..... if that gets under your skin you should actually seek therapy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                Quit going in that Chinese junk store. It worked for me.
                Lol. I’ve recently started calling it Academy Shoes and Outdoors.

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
                LoL..... if that gets under your skin you should actually seek therapy.
                I did. I Drove straight to Saltgrass for beer and steak.

Comment

When ask what cable TV or internet I have the answer is "I don't own a TV or computer". I believe they get the message I'm not interested or are simply confused and that ends the discussion. Same as the big box stores asking about HVAC check up "I don't believe in AC".

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                    But, just think... you could probably buy and build one of these things with that credit card just to up your GOF status...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I don’t know what GOF means but I really like this vehicle.

The ultimate expression of lawn care & hog extermination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A real GOF writes checks.

Comment

Hate to see how you treat the kids selling cookies by the front door

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                          Hate to see how you treat the kids selling cookies by the front door
                          Having lost a child who was a former cookie kid, they’re pretty high on my list of favorites.

Comment

Having lost a child who was a former cookie kid, they’re pretty high on my list of favorites.

[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

To the moon and back, my brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Hate it..... I just say No Thanks and don't listen to another word.....same with ATT or DISH/Direct in Walmart/Sam's...

Grumpy ol fart in training...
                                With the Directv/Dish guys, when they ask me what TV service I have, I proceed to tell them, with a very serious face that I think TV is evil, etc. The look on their face is great. Then I break character and we have a laugh. Also, if you walk in fast with a serious look, 9 times out of 10 you're home free.
                                Last edited by Graysonhogs; 03-10-2020, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X