GOF Rant - Academy Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOF Rant - Academy Credit Card

I will not set foot in Cabelas for 2 reasons.

1st is business related
    2nd is their little credit card pushers.

Well Academy has started this little trick to push their card...

You walk in and they stop you by asking if they can help you find anything. Seems nice enough but they’ve only stopped you so they can push their credit card on you next. Same guy tried it twice in a row. Second time I was onto him and pushed my cart thru his knee joint. (Not really but I wanted to)

I’m an Academy fan but Dangit man, I don’t need financial advice/assistance from them. Just sell me crap that I can use.

No trickery!!

And get off my lawn.

Now a days I find if you cough and blow your nose in a handkerchief they walk away quickly.

I've not experienced what you described at Cabelas or Bass Pro. But I can't stand the Basspro Travel folks. They are in the same mix as the Wal-mart, "what cable plan do you have?"

So, I get what you're saying about enough already.

Comment

Just smile and walk on by....pretty simple.

Comment

Sign up for their store credit card. It gets you 5% back on each purchase so might as well do it. Get the bill in each month and pay it off.
        Then each time the guy greets you at the door, you simply tell him you already have the card.

Comment

Always do-n it at checkout too. No wonder the kids act like they do now-a days.

Comment

Hate it..... I just say No Thanks and don't listen to another word.....same with ATT or DISH/Direct in Walmart/Sam's...

Grumpy ol fart in training...

Comment

Wow

Comment

Smile and say no thank you. It’s really very easy.

Comment

Since we a ranting about academy. I can’t stand when I order something online and get an email saying that part of my order was canceled. If you can’t fulfill the order then don’t put the dang thing on your website.

Comment

I used to push the crap out of those Cabelas credit cards. It was an incentive for us, $15 a pop. I averaged over 50 a month for the two years I worked there. Such easy money. The right demographic was always waking in the door lol

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      Smile and say no thank you. It’s really very easy.
                      ...for you!!

Obviously know what I should do but it’s beyond my years of GOF training. I’m already there buying stuff.

Comment

But, just think... you could probably buy and build one of these things with that credit card just to up your GOF status...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are owned by that holding company now. I asked the lady the other day what was the deal with pushing that crap on me. She said they make them do it. Kinda like valero push that big arse candy bar on you at check out.

just start walking in with your airpods in your ears like you are talking to somebody. nobody will talk to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            ...for you!!

Obviously know what I should do but it’s beyond my years of GOF training. I’m already there buying stuff.
                            They are just doing what they are paid to do. I guess I’m never that grouchy.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              They are just doing what they are paid to do. I guess I’m never that grouchy.
                              Ok Dangit. I’ll try to be more patient. But the little trickery thing is a bit much.

Comment

Working...
                              X