X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    No way. Half a day. Just a squirt with some diet 7up. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ahhhh I thought it was mostly GF juice. Like a GF whiskey sour..

Comment

On my 318th month alcohol free. Feels pretty good.....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope, February is Mardi Gras month

Comment

Starting my 5th month- mental clarity and energy are through the roof. No more depression, no more anxiety- I’m making it permanent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im not going cold turkey but I am limiting myself to Friday and Saturday only.

Comment

Late November I ended up with a bad blood clot in my right leg. The doctor put me on blood thinners and did all the lab work for a physical. He commented that I had gone downhill a bit, since I retired three years earlier. December 14th we had two X-Mas parties to go to at friends. I ate everything I wanted, lots of deserts, and drank a bunch. Just the typical routine I had let myself get into.

The next day, I gave up alcoholic drinks, sodas and tonic, sweet coffee creamer, and cut my carbs in half. I am now down 28#, feel and sleep much better, and have the energy to get back on the elliptical trainer. Surprisingly enough, I don't miss it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
                Starting my 5th month- mental clarity and energy are through the roof. No more depression, no more anxiety- I’m making it permanent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Awesome Mikey! May 25th 2012 is the day God intervened and saved my life.
                Happy to hear it. Always willing to chat if you ever need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                  Going to give up alcohol for the month of February. No more Woodford, Blantons, or Col. EH Taylor for 28 days. Hopefully I’ll see some benefits from my four weeks without an adult beverage....Reduce weight, sleep better and more energy....???

Anyone else taken a month off from alcohol?

Cheers
                  29 days this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
                    29 days this year!
                    I started on the 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                      Im not going cold turkey but I am limiting myself to Friday and Saturday only.
                      Careful with that. If you have 3 drinks/beers everyday that's 21. If you have a 12 pack on Friday and Saturday that's 24. Do it again Sunday and it's 36.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been free of Alcohol free since first weekend in January. Last trip to deer camp and only had a couple of beers. Don't drink much anymore anyways with diabetes and really trying to watch the A1C with ankle surgery coming up in a couple of weeks. Really don't miss it and could take it or leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                          Awesome Mikey! May 25th 2012 is the day God intervened and saved my life.
                          Happy to hear it. Always willing to chat if you ever need to.
                          Thanks Brotha- God has completely removed the desire to drink and shown me the benefits. I cant imagine back-sliding. Thankfully, I was never out of control, just realized one day that 99% of my regrets in my life happened when I was drinking....why did I want to keep that up?

Comment

That's great OP. I gave up drinking alcohol in October of 2010 and it was a good thing. I gave up sodas and other sugary drinks about 3-4 years ago and noticed a huge difference in my health.

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
                              What about us fat boys that don't drink? What are we supposed to give up?....food???

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
                              You don't drink but your handle is Sotol? I has confused.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
                                Thanks Brotha- God has completely removed the desire to drink and shown me the benefits. I cant imagine back-sliding. Thankfully, I was never out of control, just realized one day that 99% of my regrets in my life happened when I was drinking....why did I want to keep that up?
                                That’s what He did for me! In an instant where I cried out to Him for help, he removed all taste for it from my mouth. An experience I’ll never forget, nor be able to adequately explain.

Comment

Working...
                                X