Alcohol Free February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol Free February

Going to give up alcohol for the month of February. No more Woodford, Blantons, or Col. EH Taylor for 28 days. Hopefully I’ll see some benefits from my four weeks without an adult beverage....Reduce weight, sleep better and more energy....???

Anyone else taken a month off from alcohol?

Cheers

Yesterday I just had my first sip of alcohol since 2018. Lost 12lbs and generally felt better all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
      Going to give up alcohol for the month of February. No more Woodford, Blantons, or Col. EH Taylor for 28 days. Hopefully I’ll see some benefits from my four weeks without an adult beverage....Reduce weight, sleep better and more energy....???

Anyone else taken a month off from alcohol?

Cheers

I’m on day 17 with no alcohol. I’m doing it for weight loss, detox (after a great deer season), and just to see if I actually can.
      30 days is the goal, but I’ll be honest I want a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
        Yesterday I just had my first sip of alcohol since 2018. Lost 12lbs and generally felt better all around.
        That’s pretty impressive. I should take a sip and see if I lose 12 lb too. The feeling better part is a given.

Comment

I did that last year. Entire month of Feb and I walked away having gained weight [emoji54]

Couple of my favorite bars brought in topo chico for the month and I'd still go out just drink topo.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
            I’m on day 17 with no alcohol. I’m doing it for weight loss, detox (after a great deer season), and just to see if I actually can.
            30 days is the goal, but I’ll be honest I want a drink.

That crossed my mind as well

Comment

I did two weeks. Last month. It felt great. And yes, after deer season also. Deer season seems to bring lots of alcohol haha. As well as the holidays.

Comment

I'm starting over. Went about 2 weeks and then last night we had shrimp creole and I wanted wine with it. I did limit to one glass and I'm doing it to lose weight.

Comment

Shortest month of the year

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                    Shortest month of the year
                    Dang, my secret is out

Comment

Lay off the cheap stuff is all you need to do. Woodford? Really? Pfffft...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        Lay off the cheap stuff is all you need to do. Woodford? Really? Pfffft...
                        Life’s too short for cheap, AKA “crappy” whiskey

Comment

I did sober October, wasn’t difficult at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                            Wow me too! Lost 12 lbs too!

Had 2 TX with ginger ale at dinner as it was our 22 year anniversary. I will now go without until another special occasion.

Comment

I havent had a drop since new year. Feel much better in the morning but going to sleep can be hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X