Need Advice Christensen Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice Christensen Arms

Looking to purchase a nice carbon barrel rifle in 6.5 creed. So far I am leaning towards christensen arms, they have some at Cabelas and it seems like a very nice rifle. Does anyone have experience with christensen arms rifles? Is it worth the price tag of 1800 or do I have better options that I am not considering?

I have the Ridgeline in 7mm rem mag and it shoot lights out. Short of building a complete rifle, it's the best option in my opinion. You can't build one with all the options of the Ridgeline for $1800.

Comment

I would get with APR & build something exactly the way I wanted if reaching into the $2k portion of my wallet.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Christensen is hit or miss. I have a ridgeline and would not recommend them. First one I got had issues with bolt face and action. Sent it back right away and they "fixed it" and sent it back to me. The bolt face issue was fixed but had horrible inconsistency's in accuracy. Cold bore was horrible but once barrel was hot it shot great. spent hundreds of $$ in ammo and reloads trying to find something it would like. Finally I sent it back again and they kept putting barrels on it saying the barrels were bad, I finally got fed up and demanded either my money back or a entirely new rifle, they decided to send me a new rifle. The new one shot ok...yes 3 shots under an inch at 100 yards but barely. Had APR fully bed it and now it shoots amazing. With all that being said, no way would I ever do that again. Save yourself the headache and just spend a couple hundred more and get a real custom rifle.

Comment

I have the Mesa in 6.5 PRC and love the gun. Fit and finish is perfect and mine is very accurate. The Trigger Tech trigger is easily adjusted as well.

Comment

My experience has been similar to Colins. I’ve never owned a Cristenson, but I’ve shot a few. I wanted to want a Ridgeline, but I saw too many inconsistencies. I have 2 Seekins Havaks right now, and have bought a few more, as well as have shot a handful more. All 7 lb rifles, and everyone shoots fantastic. I’ve owned more than a handful of custom rifles, but the days of owning all custom are gone. These shoot just as well well. I’ve still got a couple custom builds planned, but that’s mostly because Seekins doesn’t build a factory rifle in the configuration I want. Once I step into their custom shop I’d rather use my custom contacts.

Comment

I’ll echo what 2 others have already said. I’ve never owned one, but I do know they are very “hit or miss” on accuracy and quality control issues. There are some pretty lengthy threads on Snipershide about them if you care to take a look.

As already said above, look at the Seekins Havak (you can get coupons for $$$ off as well). Also, begara has a light weight hunting rifle.

Keep in mind that “mine shoots lights out” or “it’s a tack driver” is very subjective from one person to the next. Everyone’s idea of good accuracy can vary.

Comment

Those Seekins rifles are bad to the bone.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I've consigned 3 Christiensen's...two wouldn't shoot.

To me, these long range wrapped guns need to be evaluated on their cold bore shot vs the print of the 2nd & 3rd much more critically than a traditional bbl. Those micro tubes can really walk with temp changes & you are very fortunate to get one that can shoot a good string. 2 of the 3 I sold had a gun that would put the first shot in the same place as long as the gun was at ambient temp. 2nd/3rd shot was way out & that is not what you want on a $2k gun. If it's not getting time on the range by the builder before delivery & doesn't come with a test target?? Might as well buy a light weight tika if you want to gamble on accuracy with some assurances

Comment

I have one of their carbon wrapped barrels in .308 and I think it shoots extremely well. Like mine very much. Have it on my Palmetto State AR

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

I am still looking and researching before I jump into this. I purchased a 8-323x56 Nightforce and I want to put it on a rifle that is reliable and accurate.

Thanks everyone. I am open to suggestions so keep the feedback coming.

Comment

Check out the Sako finnlight as well.
                          Great rifles, smooth actions and shoot really well.
                          Light weight too and in your budget

Comment

Trevor, where can these coupons be had?

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                            I’ll echo what 2 others have already said. I’ve never owned one, but I do know they are very “hit or miss” on accuracy and quality control issues. There are some pretty lengthy threads on Snipershide about them if you care to take a look.

As already said above, look at the Seekins Havak (you can get coupons for $$$ off as well). Also, begara has a light weight hunting rifle.

Keep in mind that “mine shoots lights out” or “it’s a tack driver” is very subjective from one person to the next. Everyone’s idea of good accuracy can vary.

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
                              Trevor, where can these coupons be had?
                              Snipers Hide is the easiest place to find them. I’ve snagged a few for buddies the past year. 25% off is easy to find, and you can get them for cheap or free in some instance. Cheap being $20–30 to save a few hundred on the rifle.

Comment

Working...
                              X