No announcement yet.

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hill top plot at “The Cottonmouth “ is still intact. Peas are getting thrashed! But are keeping up so far. Would probably back off on millet ratio if I use again .5 an acre max. Most low land plots just got too much water. I think the roots rotted.
    Attached Files

Comment

Well paneled off my feeder tired of feeding hogs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Plots planted, feeders filled, cameras going. I’ll update in a few weeks.

This youngin’ survived a leg injury last year and seems to be doing good.

Camp addition, soon to be outdoor kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

No big bucks have showed yet but great potential on some young bucks. Twins are growing fast as well!
          Attached Files

Comment

Went to check Lola’s stand I built her for Christmas and make sure it survived all the rain. There are deer around and under it all the time. Just where they want to be
            Attached Files

Comment

First velvet pics of the year... deer in the far back looks a good one

Comment

I have 1 big bodied buck but doesn't look like he will make ARs. My place is looking more and more like a sanctuary this season. I have hunts planned elsewhere and still should be one heck of a season!

Young bucks are looking good. If the highway doesn't kill them I hope to see the wide one in 2 years.

Making a dent in my pig population as well. Killed 6 in the last 3 days. Shot 3 and trapped 3. Still quite a few to go.
                Attached Files

Comment

Deer Pics

They are killing our protein feeders at our Cherokee County place. WE are feeding All Stock pellets and they love them. Looks like all of our does are pregnant so we should have some good fawn pics coming up.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hitting the protein feeders hard these days:

Comment

Anybody ever see a whitetail with such a dark and defined black line running down her back?

All the ladies are showing up regularly. Even have a youngster or two tag along now.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                        Anybody ever see a whitetail with such a dark and defined black line running down her back?

All the ladies are showing up regularly. Even have a youngster or two tag along now.

Man never that dark. That is pretty cool. I’ve seen s good many young bucks with dark lines like that but nothing that big or wide.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                          Nope, but I read an articular recently about deer ancestory and found it interesting:

https://www.qdma.com/this-strange-bu...ail-ancestors/

Comment

Originally posted by SnJGuin View Post
                            Nope, but I read an articular recently about deer ancestory and found it interesting:

https://www.qdma.com/this-strange-bu...ail-ancestors/
                            Very interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

It would be pretty neat if this is something similar or if its just a freak of nature.

Comment

Couple of youngins, some big pigs and an old doe. Hopefully the bucks move in come fall, there’s plenty of does in the area. For some reason they don’t like this feeder.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3777.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	24583938

Comment

Working...
                                X