2019 Hagerman Seg. B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    Looks like there are a ton of pigs in Harris right now. It would be a good place to get a pair pair for a ticket.

I think they killed that this year. Does only for golden ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can’t believe they did away with the hog golden ticket. No incentive to shoot hogs equals a larger population and more competition for the deer which will decrease the health of the herd. So stupid imo

Comment

Originally posted by Greylight318 View Post
        Can’t believe they did away with the hog golden ticket. No incentive to shoot hogs equals a larger population and more competition for the deer which will decrease the health of the herd. So stupid imo
        When it was an in-house hunt, I think they could have the rules whichever they want, ie doe/pig "golden ticket." But since moving the draw to TPW, they are having to go by those guidelines.. and those guidelines would absolutely NEVER allow someone to have a free pass to hunt there.. say over the 3 segments, 20 hunters got a "golden ticket," that's 20 free hunters, 20x$3entry.. THATS 60 BUCKS!!! We all know they cant afford to lose that much..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

What I was told is that it was too difficult to keep up with due to the very low number of hog tickets.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong (never have got a golden ticket), you still had to pay the next years entry fees, it was just an automatic draw.

Comment

In my opinion killing 2 hogs in a 3 day hunt is about the same level of difficulty as harvesting a doe

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
              What I was told is that it was too difficult to keep up with due to the very low number of hog tickets.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong (never have got a golden ticket), you still had to pay the next years entry fees, it was just an automatic draw.
              Correct. In 2015, they made you bring the hogs out so I didn't bother shooting any. Then a couple years later, they let you take a picture with your permit again like they had before. Without a golden ticket for hogs, it's not worth losing 2 arrows for and definitely not if you have to hike them all the way out.

And the hunt is still going to be managed by the Refuge after this year. TPWD is only facilitating the draw. And that doesn't start until 2020.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Found this guy while scouting yesterday. When I saw the buzzards, I thought I’d found one of the bucks that weren’t recovered from Seg A. Nope- just a stinky hog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

when do the leaves fall at the H?

Comment

I read all of A. Great stuff. In for B.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance.....but what is the "golden ticket"? I saw it referred to several times in Segment A.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                        Forgive my ignorance.....but what is the "golden ticket"? I saw it referred to several times in Segment A.
                        An automatic draw for next year's hunt if you shoot a doe clean through the lungs/heart. You can't get one in back to back years though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                          When it was an in-house hunt, I think they could have the rules whichever they want, ie doe/pig "golden ticket." But since moving the draw to TPW, they are having to go by those guidelines.. and those guidelines would absolutely NEVER allow someone to have a free pass to hunt there.. say over the 3 segments, 20 hunters got a "golden ticket," that's 20 free hunters, 20x$3entry.. THATS 60 BUCKS!!! We all know they cant afford to lose that much..

You are just guaranteed a spot, still have to pay fees and qualify with bow

Headed up in the morning to look at a few spots and make a decision on where to start

Thursday will be here quick

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            You are just guaranteed a spot, still have to pay fees and qualify with bow

Headed up in the morning to look at a few spots and make a decision on where to start

Thursday will be here quick
                            Good to know. I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                              One lethal shot to a doe in the heart, lung or liver and you get a ticket into next year's drawing.

Edit... I am no quick draw Mcgraw apparently.

Comment

A buddy and I are also hunting B, will update as much as I can.

Comment

Working...
                                X