Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of north texas 3rd annual thread..second edition!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep his busted off tine and shoot him. The taxi can make it look like it never happened.

Comment

It’s been a long day... hit the road at 5:30 AM and got back around an hour ago. 400 miles, two tanks of fuel and I’ve got a pen built. Came out to about 9 panels.

Surprisingly, my camera showed more deer activity the last week than it had the previous 2 months with much less hog activity. Thoughts on this deer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pen and set up looks good.

The deer is very hard to tell with that picture. Good mass for sure but everything else looks mid range on score. I'd say 135ish. Nice deer no matter what.
        He has a big ole head and small body. Or the angle is weird and makes everything out of whack.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          Pen and set up looks good.

The deer is very hard to tell with that picture. Good mass for sure but everything else looks mid range on score. I'd say 135ish. Nice deer no matter what.
          He has a big ole head and small body. Or the angle is weird and makes everything out of whack.
          I was more curious to see if y’all think he makes 13”? I think he’s closer to 14” myself. Trying to talk myself into being patient and passing on him next time I go which will be opening weekend of rifle. I know there’s a few 140-150 class deer running around.

But I also know once the rifle hunters show up it will be WWIII and he among others have a good chance at being shot.

Comment

With those pics he is older. Definitely 13. Shoot him if neighbors are trigger happy.
            What county you in? Just curious.
            We don't have any antler restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              With those pics he is older. Definitely 13. Shoot him if neighbors are trigger happy.
              What county you in? Just curious.
              We don't have any antler restrictions.
              Jack County.

There’s several that will shoot the first thing that moves. If it’s brown it’s down.

Comment

Our target buck is awol right now, so if somebody in this thread gets him in southern Baylor county let me know! We’ve watched him the past three years and bam he’s gone lol

Comment

Post up some youth pictures from this weekend. I didn't get to go again

Will be at it with my grandson next weekend.

One of our guys sat in a blind we call potatoe hill. You can see 15 miles in every direction. He said he saw 45 bucks tonight. 7 or 8, 3-4 yr old 140 inch 10 points.
                  Said the weather was spectacular!

Comment

Headed to Seymour On Wednesday after a stop in Brady Tuesday. Looking for a good opener in North Texas.

Comment

The boys were sitting around camp this afternoon and this guy strolled thru unconcerned.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I think he's ready in case he needs to be. Look at those ears.

Comment

A couple of you guys should remember this dude as the great cross country golf cart pilot from Ft Worth...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            A couple of you guys should remember this dude as the great cross country golf cart pilot from Ft Worth...

That's a unique buck. Looks great.

The guys in the pro shop were watching the ping of that carts GPS system thinking we have a runner! I pulled up and thought to myself. That's cool the pro came over to eat with us.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                              I think he's ready in case he needs to be. Look at those ears.
                              I think somebody dropped a bag of corn out of their truck on purpose. They were sitting out there watching football drinking a cold beer and hunting

Comment

The boys were out topping off feeders today. Looks like the Apple corn was the winner! They couldn't wait to get in the pen. The broom weed is in fine form too.
                                I hope everyone has the best hunting season ever. Stay safe and post some LDPs soon.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X