No announcement yet.

Big Buck on cam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is quite comical that I am getting **** on this thread and this is literally happening on the same forum [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m seeing low 180s. Hope your friend can verify if I’m right.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
        That is an awesome buck and hopefully someone will get him on the ground. I will have to second that it is a bit weird to have a camera on an area you can't hunt. Typically if you have friends that are letting you place cameras they don't mind if you hunted it as well. Otherwise there wouldn't be much of a reason to have a camera up. I can look at big buck pictures on google all day without going through the hassle of buying/placing cameras just to not be able to go after the thing. Nobody is saying you don't have permission to have a cam there they are just saying it isn't your typical situation. Everyone needs to just chill out.
        I’ve been on the camera test team for Spartan since they were in development, long before there was an app or a fully functional model. I also test competitor cellular cameras to see what they might be doing better or features they may have that Spartan should incorporate. I’m blessed to be able to run all the cellular cameras I want. I have more trouble finding “interesting” places to run them all than anything else.

As far as the guy who owns the feeder that big buck is chowing down at, he’s a member here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
          I dont see anywhere near a 200. gonna stick to mid 70s. Really nice deer.
          I tend to agree. I think around 180. But heck I just don’t have experience with big deer like this.

Comment

Nice buck. And I’m thinking easily north of 180. I’m struggling with him being a hill country deer body-wise or else I would say he’s over 200”

Comment

Wowser!

Comment

Following this one. That’s a big ol free range buck. I’d say mid 80’s all day long.
                Glad the air is cleared on why and how, but who really cares! Great deer, and hopin to see some pics and scores in little over a month [emoji41]

Comment

Paid us a visit again last night:

Comment

Big Buck on cam!

For you guys with a lot of experience on aging, looking at all the pics posted is there any chance this deer is say 7.5 years old?

SaltwaterSlick characterized him as “mature, maybe even post mature.”

Other opinions?

Last edited by Roscoe; 08-09-2019, 07:14 AM.

Comment

so your not allowed to hunt him at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                        For you guys with a lot of experience on aging, looking at all the pics posted is there any chance this deer is say 7.5 years old?

SaltwaterSlick characterized him as “mature, maybe even post mature.”

Other opinions?

I don't see post mature. He looks like a 5.5-6.5 yr old. Our 7.5+ deer get real boxy looking.

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        He has already stated multiple times he doesn't have permission to hunt this property. He just runs cameras on it!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                          I don't see post mature. He looks like a 5.5-6.5 yr old. Our 7.5+ deer get real boxy looking.

He has already stated multiple times he doesn't have permission to hunt this property. He just runs cameras on it!

So wait just to clarify to make sure I understand it.... He can or can't hunt this deer??? [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                            So wait just to clarify to make sure I understand it.... He can or can't hunt this deer??? [emoji23][emoji23]

From what I understand this is his target deer this year!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                              That is correct Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                                From what I understand this is his target deer this year!
                                [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                                X