No announcement yet.

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to move these cameras closer in the next month. Just a tease right now but they are putting on bone daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
      Need to move these cameras closer in the next month. Just a tease right now but they are putting on bone daily

Looking good! That one is way ahead of any deer we have on cam yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Wow they're putting on bone fast! Nice!

Comment

Checked plots today at dairy, dove field and cottonmouth.

Dairy was drilled... then 7” flood... then re planted... then 8” flood. It’s up 4”-8” but looks poor in most spots due to too much moisture. Also seen army worms as well as looks live a virus in peas. Sunflowers doing fair and millet looks good (but shows no use, as I expected and intended)

Dove field.... drilled before the first flood. I’d guess a 90%+ loss there. Worst crop I’ve ever planted. Too wet

Cottonmouth.... upland plots look awesome (pics of them). Bottom land looks poor and thin but up and taking on heavy usage.

Just too wet. But I will get to see what this millet brings to the table as an addition. Screening and structure were my goals with it
          Attached Files

Comment

Little buck at the ranch likes me! Following me around like I'm his momma.

Filling feeders and he cam stumbling out of the tree line over to me.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              Little buck at the ranch likes me! Following me around like I'm his momma.

Filling feeders and he cam stumbling out of the tree line over to me.

Should have put your ear mark on him lol

Comment

Pretty cool antlers86. Got to lease this weekend, cams not working, food plot seeds flooded out and gone.

Walked out to the blind late, to find wasps and an empty can of wasp spay. Kinda discouraged I leaned against the blind in disgust. Then the hogs started coming in. So I got in with the wasps and picked one out.
                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                  Pretty cool antlers86. Got to lease this weekend, cams not working, food plot seeds flooded out and gone.

Walked out to the blind late, to find wasps and an empty can of wasp spay. Kinda discouraged I leaned against the blind in disgust. Then the hogs started coming in. So I got in with the wasps and picked one out.
                  [IMG][/IMG]
                  Persevere, adapt and overcome!

Comment

I’m over run by hogs like not even funny how bad they are

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                      I’m over run by hogs like not even funny how bad they are

Same!!! They are there now but I have to run to town. Lucky pigs this morning
                      Attached Files

Comment

Clearing feed from all of my setups! They have traveled 1300 yds in the last 45 minutes eating everything they can access

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                            Clearing feed from all of my setups! They have traveled 1300 yds in the last 45 minutes eating everything they can access

I’ve got several different groups of 10-16 each and a few lone boars. On just one property my other places are even worse [emoji24]

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                              I’ve got several different groups of 10-16 each and a few lone boars. On just one property my other places are even worse [emoji24]

I just have 2 groups of 15+. I think 1-2 lone boar. Pigs will die this week!

Going to set trap here in a few minutes. Probably only catch 1-3 depending on size.

Comment

That's why i am not feeding during the summer anymore. It seemed like just a few people on our entire lease and general area would feed all summer long and guess what that meant? That we had all the pigs!

Comment

Working...
                                X