No announcement yet.

2019 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up 2.5 inches in the last rain in Cat Spring. Our pond is full. Was going to stock some jumbo bluegill and tilapia to fight the algae and feed the bass but it’s alittle too wet to drive the trunk all the way back to the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
      Things looking green for everyone? We had a pond dug a few weeks ago, so hopefully it's been catching some water with the recent rains.
      Lush like a rain forest. Crazy amount of rain so far this year. Deer are in great shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
        Picked up 2.5 inches in the last rain in Cat Spring. Our pond is full. Was going to stock some jumbo bluegill and tilapia to fight the algae and feed the bass but it’s alittle too wet to drive the trunk all the way back to the pond.
        Sounds like a good plan

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
          Lush like a rain forest. Crazy amount of rain so far this year. Deer are in great shape.
          Boom! That's what I like to hear.

Comment

Went this past Saturday and did some mowing. Things are looking pretty green. The new pond is catching some water, so I'm happy

Comment

I went to go mow our place and maybe go pick up some fish to stock in they pond. It rained most of the morning and early afternoon so I called it quits after trimming some trees in between the rain storms. I did change the cards on the cameras and had a nice surprise for Cat Spring. Sorry for the quality. The computer is not picking up the WiFi tonight. Never mind, the pics kept loading huge. It was two axis does.
              Last edited by Speck; 05-03-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Everything is under water just a few miles out of Industry...it's becoming a yearly event over here the new "tailrace" at the dam isn't quite as large as we thought it was. The overflow crossed over both sides of it this afternoon. It'll be interesting to see the damage once the water goes down

And I'm really glad that I didn't set the feeder back up on the creek...it would only be souring the corn this week oh well, at least the forage will be nice and lush for the deer

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                  Everything is under water just a few miles out of Industry...it's becoming a yearly event over here the new "tailrace" at the dam isn't quite as large as we thought it was. The overflow crossed over both sides of it this afternoon. It'll be interesting to see the damage once the water goes down

And I'm really glad that I didn't set the feeder back up on the creek...it would only be souring the corn this week oh well, at least the forage will be nice and lush for the deer

Where you hunting in Industry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I went to go mow our place and maybe go pick up some fish to stock in they pond. It rained most of the morning and early afternoon so I called it quits after trimming some trees in between the rain storms. I did change the cards on the cameras and had a nice surprise for Cat Spring. Sorry for the quality. The computer is not picking up the WiFi tonight. Never mind, the pics kept loading huge. It was two axis does.

Ive seen an axis doe twice now in New Ulm. Somebody in town was feeding her because she would be-line to a yard and start eating. Im assuming she got out of a high fence. Pretty cool to see and I can only hope theres a buck in the area to help start a small free range herd.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                      Where you hunting in Industry?

My in-laws have a place a few miles out of town back toward Bellville, off of Mills Creek

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                        Ive seen an axis doe twice now in New Ulm. Somebody in town was feeding her because she would be-line to a yard and start eating. Im assuming she got out of a high fence. Pretty cool to see and I can only hope theres a buck in the area to help start a small free range herd.

A guy I work with who lives in New Ulm had a few pictures of an axis doe this past season on his trail camera. Probably the same deer

Comment

We had our pond dug 3-4 weeks ago, and it was already about 90% full as of yesterday. Probably full right now with the rain from today.

Comment

Any of yall hunt along the Colorado River?

Comment

Lots of folks in here that hunt around New Ulm, I do as well.

Neighbor shot an axis buck a few years ago!

Have been fortunate, not many hogs the past year just single boars. Have shot three. Bought our place two deer seasons ago, lots of does, lots of young bucks, have yet to lay eyes on a 4.5+ year old buck during hunting season. Lots of smaller parcels surround us and the pressure gets turned up. I always get pictures of a couple shooters every year though mostly during summer and at night.

Happy about the doe days though, we are MLD and even with doe tags we can't keep up with the numbers. We are overrun with slick heads. I saw 15 different does when I was hog hunting a few weeks ago.
                              Last edited by yotethumper; 05-16-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

My Dad & I went up last weekend to mess around for a bit. Saw two dead fawns on 389 & another dead one on our property. Definitely been getting some rain over there. The new pond has already overflowed a few times, so we're thinking about extending it long ways since it hasn't had any problems catching water.

Comment

Working...
                                X