Traditional FSC Week 52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 52

Draw a 4" circle with center dot, target at 12 yards quartering away, left or right your choice. Stance of your choice. One shot per day, only shots touching or within 4" circle score, Closest edge of arrow to center dot.

Okay, so closest single arrow to center dot, with any first shot this week?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Quartering away and within 4" circle.

BTW, thanks, Reb, for getting the challenge up early so everyone can get going on it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
        Okay, so closest single arrow to center dot, with any first shot this week?

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
        Quartering away and within 4" circle.

BTW, thanks, Reb, for getting the challenge up early so everyone can get going on it tomorrow.

Yes Sir.

This was the only shot I could come up with in a timely manner. Going to have to plan ahead. Hopefully there are more participants after the Holidays and hunting season.

Comment

No score

Comment

That's a pretty steep angle for a shot. I wouldn't take shot on an animal like that.

Gary

Comment

Good shot, Reb!

Comment

Didn't measure.

Gary

Comment

Good shot, Gary!

Thing about any angle is that it turns a circle of four inches into a much narrower ellipse, which shrinks the left/right target zone significantly. I'm thinking 45 degrees would probably be about the limit of acceptable angle to allow a little margin for error. On a hog, however, the angle is beneficial for hitting toward the back of the gristle shield, where it may be a little thinner. (as on my bigger hog, which was probably about a 45-degree shot.)

Comment

Yes but this steep of an angle and you can get a ride along the ribs, under the shoulder blade and out the front of the chest with no vitals hit really easily.
                    My target doesn't care. Except it was tougher to pull the arrow. Tore the arrow hole a bit on the target.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      Yes but this steep of an angle and you can get a ride along the ribs, under the shoulder blade and out the front of the chest with no vitals hit really easily.
                      My target doesn't care. Except it was tougher to pull the arrow. Tore the arrow hole a bit on the target.

Gary
                      Agreed - especially about glancing along ribs. So don't take quite that steep of an angle -- your's and Reb's look closer to almost 60 degrees. I shot mine at 45 just now, and it seems do-able. Will post in a minute.

Comment

Here's mine, shot (seated) at 45 degrees, a little low , not qualifying.

Comment

I shot the way his pic looked. Honestly I thought the horse stall mat may have gotten tested.[emoji38]
                          Makes you aim small though.
                          Gary

Comment

Nice shooting Gents. When I set up the shot this morning and stepped back, I thought the angle was a little severe as well. 45 deg looks to be about right.

Comment

Day2: 1"

Comment

Working...
                              X