Please help me with a quiver!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a quiver to put on my sarrels bow but not sure which to get was looking at selway. Want at least 3 or 4 arrow and hopefully no foam. Also be nice to easily remove to hang from tree or lean against blind while sitting. Not really sure which company or where to purchase from? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

All the ones I’ve seen have foam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am a fan of Great Northern quivers. I ordered mine from Three Rivers Archery. They make a strap-on for a one piece bow, but my Sarrels is a 3 piece so I bought their removable quiver that attaches to the limb bolts - on/off is real easy. All I have seen use foam but it is replaceable.

Comment

Pretty much all bow quivers for traditional bows have foam in the hood. Why don't you want the foam?

Originally posted by A.J. View Post
        Also be nice to easily remove to hang from tree or lean against blind while sitting.
        I see guys mention this idea all the time, and it makes absolutely no sense to me. You will either practice all the time with the quiver on, or all the time with it off. And even if you practice both ways, you'll probably find your shot feels different, and goes to a different point with/without the quiver. In my opinion, if you want a bow quiver, commit to it.

Regarding models, I am particular to my Eagles Flight Archery with the setback gripper. It's light enough with 4 arrows, and unobtrusive(and even easily removable if you're set on that ).

Comment

I’m very happy with my Thunderhorn Lynx, strap on, I don’t take it off my Sarrels Blueridge unless I put it on my other one. Stays put very well, quiet, and with the contrasting hood looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have tried several different bow quivers and currently using an Eagle Flight Archery 4 arrow model.
            It works okay, but not any better then others out there. My main complaint has been that the hood moves around and is not really stationary. The Thunderhorn may be the answer or something similar with a bar or bracket that attaches top to bottom. The only one piece I have used was a Bear Spring-arm Quiver, and it was HEAVY on the side of my bow.
            I completely agree with Trumpkin. I keep them on my bows ALL the time. No matter what hunting situation, so the shot always feels the same. Even my compound. The last thing I want to have to think about would be the extra weight on the side as I am coming to full draw. Practice with them, leave them, or keep it off.

Comment

Selway for me all the way. I have others but prefer the fit and feather weight of Selway.

Comment

I am a guy who does not use a bow quiver also. Over the years I have tried lots of different quivers. Both the ones I have found to be the best for me have foam in the hood.

If you have a 3pc takedown bow, the Great Northern Quick Detach quiver is about the best one out there. It is a very easy on/off the bow, and has a sleek look, unlike the gaudy strap on quivers.

I currently am using a Great Northern Sidekick quiver, which is basically the same quiver, but with a strap so you can wear it like a back quiver.

I have never used one, but think one of the EFA quivers would be what you need to look at if you are dead set on no foam in the hood. The only thing with those is that they only work for 2 blade broadheads.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The only one i have seen with an easy on/off is a kwiki, it also can be had with no foam in the hood, but it ain't real "traditional" looking. If you are not dead set on a bow quiver, you might look into a side quiver, then you never have to mess with a quiver on the bow

Comment

Thanks all for replying. I thought foam would dull broadheads over time taking arrow out of quiver over and over? But now that I think about it maybe not so much?

Comment

Although I prefer a hill style back quiver now-a-days, for a mountable quiver, I love my JK Kanati Dual-Arc quiver. It's light weight, easy to install/remove, can be adjusted to your liking, and has a metal loop for hanging on a limb or hook. It does have foam in the hood though, so may not fit your needs.
                      Last edited by J_Foster; 12-19-2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

As others have said if you do get a quiver leave it on. I've got a Bear Spring Arm (as mentioned above) 8 arrow quiver and it's heavy. Oddly enough it feels great on one of my bows and is nice and quiet but is loud as a can of dried beans and throws off my aim on the other one. For the other bow I made a back quiver out of canvas that's convenient to use.

Richard

Comment

A.J., repeatedly removing arrows from a foam quiver may cause a loss of edge on a sharp broadhead but foam or some equivilent has been an industry standard. I share your concern and carry one of the little RADA sharpeners in my pack. Any dulling brought on by the foam can easily be restored with a very few light strokes with the RADA.

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

think about cat quiver it is useful for dry fletchings spot and stalk and can also be hung in tree. ive used them for over 20 years and had used most of the bow quivers prior to that. worth a look. made by rancho safari, you can get them at cabelas and 3 rivers for sure. i have no relation to them just my 2cents

Comment

Working...
                              X