No announcement yet.

Traditional FSC Week 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried for the dime from 10 yards. Right. Zilch.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Tried for the dime myself in this wind and missed it, wind had NOTHING to do with my miss. I jerked the release and just barely hit paper.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
        Tried for the dime myself in this wind and missed it, wind had NOTHING to do with my miss. I jerked the release and just barely hit paper.

Richard.
        Always fix blame elsewhere...... Wind, cold, coreolis effect. Even if the wind didn't physically move your arrow, the fact that you suspected it might obviously influenced your subconscious, causing the release "adjustment".

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
          Always fix blame elsewhere...... Wind, cold, coreolis effect. Even if the wind didn't physically move your arrow, the fact that you suspected it might obviously influenced your subconscious, causing the release "adjustment".

Comment

Yeah, I was adjusting in case a strong left-to-right gust came up. Going for the dime. Zip, still.

Comment

Off paper today. No shot yesterday.

Comment

Skunked.

Comment

Who is calling week 51?

Comment

Went back and looked through this thread and unless I missed something or in case Bitsch has something to point out that I missed, he's usually spot on, looks like Briar Friar won this one with a one cent shot.

Hope all of you that actually shot this challenge enjoyed it.

Richard
                    Last edited by Junkers88; 12-15-2018, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Yep, looks like Briar will take it, with his one-cent hit (which he was not even going for, LOL)

Was trying to figure out why this snookered us so badly. Couple possibilities come to mind: first, been some bad weather lately all over the state, cutting into practice opportunity -- plus hunting season; second, the challenge itself requires essentially one-inch target hits in all-or-nothing scoring; four spots makes the mental focus wander; finally, many of us chose to shoot for the highest value target -- the quarter -- which was also the farthest distance. Finally, we all stank.

Comment

Went back and looked through this thread and unless I missed something or in case Bitsch has something to point out that I missed, he's usually spot on, looks like Briar Friar won this one with a one cent shot.

Richard
                        It was a fun and challenging shoot

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                          Yep, looks like Briar will take it, with his one-cent hit (which he was not even going for, LOL)

Was trying to figure out why this snookered us so badly. Couple possibilities come to mind: first, been some bad weather lately all over the state, cutting into practice opportunity -- plus hunting season; second, the challenge itself requires essentially one-inch target hits in all-or-nothing scoring; four spots makes the mental focus wander; finally, many of us chose to shoot for the highest value target -- the quarter -- which was also the farthest distance. Finally, we all stank.
                          TBH I'd thought that ya'll would have hit that quarter within the first two days and been chasing the other coins down to the wire for points. I didn't think it would be that tough considering how accurate you guys are. Sorry about that.

Originally posted by TXRebel View Post
                          It was a fun and challenging shoot
                          Thanks! Glad you liked it!

Comment

TBH I'd thought that ya'll would have hit that quarter within the first two days and been chasing the other coins down to the wire for points. I didn't think it would be that tough considering how accurate you guys are. Sorry about that.

Thanks! Glad you liked it!
                            Nothing to be sorry about, Richard. We should have hit it. I was just tongue-in-cheek spit-balling a few excuses for our lameness. Oh, and I forgot to mention the coriolis effect.

And, it was fun!

Comment

Traditional FSC Week 50

Richard

“Bitsch” huh???? Well that was really first grade funny!

So, the FSC was started a long time ago with the intention of helping guys determine what they can do and to learn their limitations for hunting with their trad bows. Now it has morphed into something else that has nothing to do with that. Nowadays a guy just asks to be the shot caller when he didn’t win, or wins when he hits a spot 6” away from the one he was aiming at!!!

Yep, I guess I am just an old Bitsch!!!!

Y’all carry on!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Last edited by Bisch; 12-16-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

At first for me it was about challenging myself against the better shooters on here. Now when I participate it's just more the comradary.

Gary
                                Last edited by DRT; 12-16-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X