No announcement yet.

Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang man. This is awesome. I'll be following along.

Comment

I'm starting to think you already finished and are just now posting pics....no one moves this fast in this heat, not even the pros...[emoji848]

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        I'm starting to think you already finished and are just now posting pics....no one moves this fast in this heat, not even the pros...[emoji848]
        LOL!!!! I work in it daily as a ranch manager. I have been told I'm like a 3 man crew. Guys tell me to slow down but I'm salary so I do my job. I just need the space to think and do my own thing. You can come supervise.

Comment

This might have been asked allready but how deep did you set your post?

Comment

I didn't really pay attention to timing today. Roughly an hour to cut post level and then place beams on top. Not too shabby!

Pics store info on phone. 3:33 tool pic taken and posted 3:37. At 4:04 I took a pic of them cut leveled. Simple string line it doesn't take long. Cut with chainsaw. 4:23 posted a pic of beams placed on top of post. At this point they weren't attached just placed on top. At 4:36 cleaned site of cut pieces. I didn't attach beams until 7pm this evening after a long break spending time with wife and kids.

#TeamAmerica
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OKBOWHUNTER View Post
              This might have been asked allready but how deep did you set your post?
              2' I hit hard red clay and stopped.

Comment

If no windows in the kids rooms ... how will they get out in case of fire.

All rooms should have a way to get out

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post

So true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm just doing what they want. That actually came up in the discussion.

Comment

I know you are building in a place with no inspections.
                      A window is pretty inexpensive.

I would not take that chance or want that on my head.

I've met you ad know you are a good guy.

Comment

In because I have no idea how any of this is done. Been pretty informative so far!

Comment

Same thing I was thinking. Plus, natural light is good for the soul and the body's rhythm.

Comment

I know you are building in a place with no inspections.
                            A window is pretty inexpensive.

I would not take that chance or want that on my head.

I've met you ad know you are a good guy.
                            We discussed more. Definitely understand what your saying. May have convinced them to putting 3O3O on the side walls with the closets. Big enough to exit and small enough to not take up too much wall space.

Comment

Nice Work Jason! Busting tail that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                                Plans look good, BUT, since you are still digging holes, I would dig a couple more. Another 4' in all rooms won't add all that much to the tab and will make the rooms much more livable.
                                Your work looks great, but now the bedrooms for the kids have shrunk to 9x9 without windows? Man, I think that will prove to be very tight and, as mentioned, windows are mandatory. Just getting on record so I can say I told him so.

Comment

Working...
                                X