Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 years of buck history (East Tx edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    7 or 8 in 2021..
    I bet he was 7 or 8 in 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
      From those pics you should have shot him in 2018. He looks old for sure. It’s always a gamble year to year but if you kill them you will never know what they will do.
      I agree about killing him in 2018.. I'm just in a one buck county though and had a couple of other bigger bucks I was targeting. Maybe he'll throw on some trash or something cool this year

Comment

While you have three years of pictures but that only equates to two years of age. Let that soak in With that being said, I think he was "mature" in 2018 and also agree he probably won't get much better. You can always hope he throws a lot more trash to go with that 8 point frame and short G3s.

Comment

Old. He is 8+ now. He is a hammer and made his big jump before you secured the place. Deer are like people, all mature and grow differently. Deer you think will blow up don’t and deer you don’t put much attention to will blow up. It’s not exactly science, it’s just part of it. Enjoy hunting that old sucker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll say 8+ this year. Good luck!

Comment

Post mature, who can say exactly.......

Comment

There is no big deer in east texas

Comment

In the last few pic's his legs look really short in comparison to his body. That's an old warrior there... Thanks for sharing!

Comment

He'll drop 10-20" this year. His biggest racks are behind him.

Comment

I've seen deer explode in their older years 8+. Don't count him out b/c he looks healthy.

Comment

Kill that ole man already...great deer

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                          He'll drop 10-20" this year. His biggest racks are behind him.
                          I've seen deer swing from year to year... Saw an 11pt fall back to a straight 8pt, but a large 8pt and then the next year back to larger 11pt. Crazy how mother nature works.

Comment

Based on the first pic he has to be at least 6.5-7.5, with all the rain this year, I don't see how you pass him given the opportunity this year. I love his frame. Great deer

Comment

Double Digits old

Comment

At his age he will probably be within +/- 5" from last year. His best years are behind him.

Comment

Working...
                                X