No announcement yet.

May Totals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We live on the side of a fairly steep hill, we have never had standing water before, this deal, but we have lately. We have never had mosquitos in the past, that was nice. We got mosquitos everywhere now. There is very little to no standing water anywhere. But that was before the last storm that blew through, the other night, I think it was Friday night. I have gone outside quite a bit since, it's like the storm washed or blew 90% of the mosquitos away. Last week I went out in the yard for the first time in a couple of weeks, then went up to the feeder, there were huge swarms of mosquitos all the way back to the feeder and then back home. Today my wife and I spent most of the day in working in the yard, hardly got bit at all. I have never seen mosquitos that thick, just disappear, that quickly, naturally.

Comment

I’m really glad we are going into the summer with full lakes but I’m ready for things to dry out. Looks like it will be at least a week around here before that starts to happen

Comment

Way too much. Cleanup starts tomorrow.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          I’m really glad we are going into the summer with full lakes but I’m ready for things to dry out. Looks like it will be at least a week around here before that starts to happen
          X2

Really can’t tell how green North TX is because we are always looking at it through rain. And forecast of more rain in each of the next ten days.

Comment

Way to much here! And forecast calling for 6 more days of rain. Spent all weekend cleaning up from last Monday pour down!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
              21 plus in Vienna area!
              21" for me as well.

Comment

We’ve had a fairly wet spring. I didn’t track it too closely but I figure we had at least 12” in May. Luckily up here in Gods county, no mosquitos.

Comment

16"-18"

Comment

Maybe 1.5” and that’s on the high end

Comment

Only around 1.5" at the lease in northern Kimble county. We missed all the big rains :-(

Comment

I thought that the weatherman said we were in a La Nina period which means we are usually dry...

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          Be careful what you wish for!!

Comment

Originally posted by Box-R View Post
                            I thought that the weatherman said we were in a La Nina period which means we are usually dry...
                            That ended in April, now in enso-neutral pattern

Comment

18.4 inches here at our place in Callahan county, 5 inches today.

Comment

A ton at our place in Mason and a whole lot in Georgetown. 2”+ since 830 this evening and it just started pouring again. Ranch has a big cell over it too. Deer should be fat and happy. Cows and giats(booooo) well fed. I get that folks are soaked. But man the drought times hit hard

Comment

Working...
                                X