X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam Hanes wouldn’t have died

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, hold up....people are "Outraged" at the "unpreparedness"?? Were these people somehow forced to run an ultramarathon into the mountains in the winter time wearing "running gear"?

It's terrible that these people perished. But this is the most avoidable tragedy ever.

Comment

This happened in China. Obviously a cover up for more covid deaths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          31 yo ultra is very young for an ultra runner. Surprised to hear that.

I am sure some state officials heads will roll. Literally.
          Kilian Jornet has been the top ultra guy for a while and just 33. It’s a crazy sport and I have a few friends that do it and they are CRAZY!

Comment

Ultras are crazy stuff. I watched so many videos on YouTube I was hyping myself up to try some of this stuff. I wouldn’t make it 15 miles in to one of these places they run. The stories are amazing though. Check out some of the runners from other countries....Raramuri Runners. The shoes (Sandals ) they wear....not sure how they make it 100 miles but they do. Goggins, Hanes.....the list goes on and there are runners way better than these two. They are physical crazies!!!!!

Comment

like I needed another excuse.

Comment

While I havent ran an ultra myself, I have a good friend that has ran 3. I paced him in two running a lot of miles at the end, but they were both relatively sea level events. They were brutal even then. One was basically running from Miami to Key west and the temps were brutal.

This is a tragedy for the sport and I hope lesson are learned for future events.

Comment

I have a 45 Auto and a Dodge truck. I run to or from nothing.

Comment

Its sad that it happened but without knowing all the information I wont point fingers. I ran my first Ultra a little over a year ago and it went from AWESOME weather the day before the event to 4 inches of snow the morning of the event. We showed up to run the 50k and asked the event organizers if it was a go? They smiled and said you showed up this race is happening. Running in snow was miserable and even in 20 degree weather and wearing lightweight clothes I was sweating my tail off and my feet took a beating and was informed by the race director at mile 14 ish that my son had dropped from the race and was in pretty bad shape. At that point I chose to take a drop and insure my sons safety and like he has said he was in rough shape. I will make a return to Ultra running soon.

In Ultra running there is a progression that runners tend to follow, Full Marathon, 50k, 50 Mile, 100k, 100 Miles and average participant age is roughly 43, to bring it into focus of the difficulty only .5% of the US population has completed a simple marathon when you make the jump to Ultras that percentage drops drastically. And from meeting alot of Ultra runners they are a totally different class of athlete, most dont do it for attention they simply like to push the envelope of what they perceive their body can do and its deeply personal to them. I have found that to be to true in most Ultra distance/time events. Between the beer and comradery among participants and their willingness to help each other in times of distress was a really fresh view of professional sports.
                    Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 05-25-2021, 06:32 AM.

Comment

I doubt if you can sue the government in communist china.

Comment

It sounds like the risks were known and grown people made very bad decisions.. Acceptable risk can kill.. It happens!! Sad deal.

Comment

Working...
                        X