Land prices going nuts in North Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
    Jerry's daughter Charlotte and her husband have Blue Star land development, that's who is buying up everything. I know of a bunch of land they have purchased off 121 between tioga and Gunter the last few years.

I'm not so sure on concrete plant. There has been a big push back from community. The EPA and DOT got involved and declared the area wasn't a good fit for the plant. I'm sure they will eventually get in someone's pocket and it will get walked through even though residents don't want it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    The concrete plant is already being built north of fm121 on Wall Street, there was another planned closer to Tioga that got canceled

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
      A 70 acre place just outside of Celest just sold, un-divided and unimproved, for a million. It is getting ridiculous.

At this point, I won’t be able to keep the family farm when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      There's hardly a place up here that doesn't have a for sale sign up on the fields

Comment

My Mom gifted me 10 acres near Grandview at the time it appraised for 1500 per acre and I thought that was a little high. Now tracts of 10 acres are going for 14,000 per acre and up. Crazy.

Comment

A family friend put his 450 acres in Fort Bend on the market a couple years ago. In a couple weeks he will close and he sold it for $5.00 a Square foot. It will be commercial eventually.

For those that don’t know. There is 43,560 square feet in an acre.

Comment

My .97 acres on Lake Fork is listed on the MLS for $1,675,000.00.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
              A family friend put his 450 acres in Fort Bend on the market a couple years ago. In a couple weeks he will close and he sold it for $5.00 a Square foot. It will be commercial eventually.

Just south of 100m, hope they got a good CPA and tax attorney, might need to find some opportunity zone land to invest in.

Comment

We are getting 10-15 offer letters a week for one acre in Acton, TX. Perhaps I should beat them to the Duplex-Rental demand. I have seen 6 of these Duplex communities pop up in East Texas pop up ins the last 6 months.

Comment

Land around here is high too, developers buying everything they can and dividing up and building houses

Going to be a big ol mess at some point. Roads can't take much more traffic and schools should have already been started to accommodate the population growth

Comment

Real estate/land is a safe bet right now. No one wants to hold on to cash right now. The dollar is worth less each day. They aren’t making any more land and it will continue to go up in value. We will look back in 5 yrs at some of these prices and think they were cheap.

Comment

That made my calculator smoke!!!!!

My sold 30 acres for $600,000 and I thought that was insane..

Comment

I bet he’s got a whole bunch of new family friends.

Comment

Glad I bought my little 40 acres in Tishomingo Oklahoma last year. I hope to retire there in about 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
                            Just south of 100m, hope they got a good CPA and tax attorney, might need to find some opportunity zone land to invest in.
                            All covered. They own several businesses with CPAs and Attorneys on staff. He’s about to retire and sale his companies too.

Comment

I bought some land about 4 years ago for 11k, talked to a realtor about it last week and she thinks I can get 65k-70k for it.

Comment

Originally posted by marceco View Post
                                It's everywhere ; i have been looking for land in Oklahoma or Kansas for years . I finally found some butAlso , the " Weed Growers " have driven land prices way up in Oklahoma .
                                That’s something that is bothersome. I remember my cousin in Oregon telling how things up there went totally nuts after fields of Marijuana started being planted.

The amount of greenhouses and grow operations that have started up for mj in Oklahoma is a little hard to adjust to. A dispensary had some kind of event going and they had bounce houses for the children next to the line of adults standing outside to get in.

Comment

Working...
                                X