No announcement yet.

? for guy with gals that bow hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome info. Initially, I was gonna take her to get fitted, measured, but I did not even think about lessons, simply because I was gonna teach her.

You guys are coming through in spades!

Comment

Originally posted by Cberry View Post
      We bought my wife the Elite Ember. She loves it and it is very adjustable, so good for a lot of growth. She shoots better than I do now.

https://www.elitearchery.com/product/ember
      Come on Cody! How hard could that be

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        Come on Cody! How hard could that be
        Not hard at all haha

Comment

diamond infinite edge really good shooter for the money

Comment

My wife started out with a Diamond Edge, then moved up to a PSE Chaos about 10 years ago and has never looked back.

Comment

Take her to the bow shop Donnie will work with her.. both of my boys started at that age and they shoot the mission hammer. Donnie did a good job getting them set up and comfortable with the bow.

Comment

Originally posted by okiepighunter View Post
                diamond infinite edge really good shooter for the money

This^^^ is a great one too. My wife shot one for several years.

Comment

Take her to Precision Archery in Bridge City... I bet they can fit her... If you want to drive a little more, Texas Archery (The old Bow Zone) has an EXCELLENT female instructor that helped me get my wife going... Richard or Joey will set up a bow for her and Ms. Kay (Richard's wife) will have her cuttin' X's in no time... THEN she can pick out what she wants... That's what I did with my wife. She still is shooting her first bow, a Mathews Ignition. ...kilt lots of animals with it too...

Comment

Awesome info. Initially, I was gonna take her to get fitted, measured, but I did not even think about lessons, simply because I was gonna teach her.

You guys are coming through in spades!
                    Lessons with someone other than yourself (the parent) will pay off in the long run. My husband and I both work with beginner kids in archery, but we DO NOT coach or work with our own unless they ask for help, lol. I’m laughing at the memories of me trying to work with my son, and Daniel working with our daughter. It was a case of doing the exact opposite of what we showed them, just to push our buttons. After the first lesson my son took with Toby Ragsdale, I wanted to buy him dinner, lol.

In all seriousness, lessons will allow her to become more confident in the mechanics of shooting, and will give her a better foundation to base her likes and dislikes on. Once she has the feel for it, let her try some different bows, if possible. There are plenty of good bow makers out there, and each bow has a different feel. She’ll stick with it longer if she has something she really feels good shooting. I’m the same height as she is, but what I like and look for in a bow could be much different from what she might like and be comfortable with. Good luck with your soon to be new shooting buddy! Keep it fun, let her be involved in some of the set-up decisions, and she’ll be hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Take her to Precision Archery in Bridge City... I bet they can fit her... If you want to drive a little more, Texas Archery (The old Bow Zone) has an EXCELLENT female instructor that helped me get my wife going... Richard or Joey will set up a bow for her and Ms. Kay (Richard's wife) will have her cuttin' X's in no time... THEN she can pick out what she wants... That's what I did with my wife. She still is shooting her first bow, a Mathews Ignition. ...kilt lots of animals with it too...
                      ^^^this right here^^^ Ms. Kay is GREAT with new (and experienced!) archers.

Comment

My granddaughter has been shooting a bow since the age of 5 and has decided that she will shoot pigs.

She is shooting the Elite Ember at 38lbs.

It’s a bow that at some point can be handed down to her sister when she decides to start shooting a bow.

Comment

I have a daughter that wants to start hunting. Show and tell what bow you got your wife, galfriend or daughter. Post pics if you have them and what was the determining factor on bow purchase.

My daughter is 13, 5'4" and weighs 120lbs. Not sure of her draw length yet.

Thanx, Calvin
                          I have a good starter set-up for sale. I'd be more than happy to let her try it out for a bit and see if she likes it. I'm not far from you either.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                            Take her to the bow shop Donnie will work with her.. both of my boys started at that age and they shoot the mission hammer. Donnie did a good job getting them set up and comfortable with the bow.
                            Yessir, that's my plan. Donnie is good people.

Comment

Wife bought herself a Carbon Rose, because it's pretty and she knows I'm a Bowtech fan. The purple highlights are what sealed the deal.

Comment

? for guy with gals that bow hunt

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                                Lessons with someone other than yourself (the parent) will pay off in the long run. My husband and I both work with beginner kids in archery, but we DO NOT coach or work with our own unless they ask for help, lol. I’m laughing at the memories of me trying to work with my son, and Daniel working with our daughter. It was a case of doing the exact opposite of what we showed them, just to push our buttons. After the first lesson my son took with Toby Ragsdale, I wanted to buy him dinner, lol.

In all seriousness, lessons will allow her to become more confident in the mechanics of shooting, and will give her a better foundation to base her likes and dislikes on. Once she has the feel for it, let her try some different bows, if possible. There are plenty of good bow makers out there, and each bow has a different feel. She’ll stick with it longer if she has something she really feels good shooting. I’m the same height as she is, but what I like and look for in a bow could be much different from what she might like and be comfortable with. Good luck with your soon to be new shooting buddy! Keep it fun, let her be involved in some of the set-up decisions, and she’ll be hooked.

Absolutely true. I am a NAA level 1 i structor and learning to teach is different from learning to shoot.

Establish her eye dominance today. My daughter is right hand/ left eye like me. We bought her a left handed bow, she shoots pistols and shotguns lefty. Made a world of difference.

“My” archery shop in Cali gave 5 free lessons with the purchase of a new bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Bill; 03-26-2021, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X