? for guy with gals that bow hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? for guy with gals that bow hunt

I have a daughter that wants to start hunting. Show and tell what bow you got your wife, galfriend or daughter. Post pics if you have them and what was the determining factor on bow purchase.

My daughter is 13, 5'4" and weighs 120lbs. Not sure of her draw length yet.

Thanx, Calvin

Mission craze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine started on a bear young gun or something. She's shooting a mathews jewel now but keeps mentioning that new bow they have.

Drawing 45lb, shoots 24.5 or 25" arrows and 100 grain slick tricks

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a great pic bro.

Comment

My advice is to buy her 5 shooting lessons at a pro shop. They should have loaner bows. Teaching archery to a beginner is different from shooting archery if you’re experienced.

After a couple hundred arrows she’ll be in a position to know what she likes. And her eye dominance.

Then it comes down to your budget.

Comment

Got my Daughter a Mission Bow at about that age. Has adjustable draw length.As she grew, you could adjust it. Not sure of the name of the Bow but it was a Mission.

Comment

Go to a pro-shop. And sit back. It will happen.

Comment

Mine shoots a Mathews Jewel

Comment

My daughter shoots hoyt ignite. Adjusts as she grew and got stronger.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good info! Especially the lesson purchase, I did not think of that. Thanx....Love the pic QB

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      My advice is to buy her 5 shooting lessons at a pro shop. They should have loaner bows. Teaching archery to a beginner is different from shooting archery if you’re experienced.

After a couple hundred arrows she’ll be in a position to know what she likes. And her eye dominance.

Then it comes down to your budget.

This...

Comment

My wife shoots a jewel.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely take her to an archery shop. She can test several bows and get lessons. Then get her what she feels the most comfortable shooting. The Mission Craze worked well for my daughter.

Comment

My wife still shoots a Bowtech Heartbreaker that we bought from a TBHer years ago. We met at Triple Edge Archery and she shot it and liked it.

Comment

We bought my wife the Elite Ember. She loves it and it is very adjustable, so good for a lot of growth. She shoots better than I do now.

Elite Archery: The World's Most Shootable Bows for Hunters and Tournament Archers

Comment

Working...
                              X