The day has come….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The day has come….

Everything inside my fence is pay for!!! Sold my house in Willis & closed today. Cash deal put the money in the bank & paid off my 30 acres here in Weldon now the debt free life begins. Never really realized how much of a weight 2 mortgages was but today I FEEL GOOD!! God is good, I was able to retire 4yrs ago at 41 & today we’re debt free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all seriousness, how were you comfortable retiring at 41 years of age with two mortgages/debt? I take it cash greatly outweighed liabilities? Congrats either way.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That is fantastic, congrats!

Comment

Best feeling in the world!

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk

Comment

Someday

Comment

Oh Happy Day!

Comment

Atta boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
                    Everything inside my fence is pay for!!! Sold my house in Willis & closed today. Cash deal put the money in the bank & paid off my 30 acres here in Weldon now the debt free life begins. Never really realized how much of a weight 2 mortgages was but today I FEEL GOOD!! God is good, I was able to retire 4yrs ago at 41 & today we’re debt free.

Welcome to the club. Being retired with no debt is indeed a blessing. Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!!
                      It took me a little longer to figure it out but ain’t it a good feeling?
                      Like my Dad use to say… “now don’t go do stupid again.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve had bills since I was 18 years old with a new born. I paid everything off last February and it’s amazing the stress it relieved. I feel twenty again.

Comment

Heck yeah.

Comment

Looks like many of you here got on the right path immediately.

I still struggle in thoughts and where I can make a leap. Wife's dream suburban is paid off, truck is paid, all my toys are paid, house has 18 more mortgage payments left (at 3%), youngest/last son's education is all set, his gift fund and auto allowance is nice, & we have $ for retirement living based on all calculations (SS isn't a part of any of my calculations) ...

but I still lose sleep over business, employees, and successful ventures. Neither of us will have to work after 2023 except to set the example for our youngest and we just like to get things done and be rewarded. Considering that maybe this is that point when we should invest our efforts into a 2nd place for all of family to enjoy now and after it's over? Maybe start a small business and hire the best person(s) to operate it?
                            Last edited by tigerscowboy; 05-27-2022, 08:28 PM.

Comment

The day has come….

I guess it’s nice to be retired at 41 (same age as me) but I have a lot of potential and things I plan to accomplish in my career. Not sure I could just retire. My plan is to set my kids up for life or get them way ahead (they will not know about it until they are older and have careers of their own).

To each his own though, you are probably doing it right! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X