No announcement yet.

Fishing etiquette....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was fishing near hog island years ago and was on some fish. Guy pulled in about 10 yards from me...I tossed my lure on the deck of his boat a "few" times as he was dropping anchor, thinking he might get the hint.

He finally asked me what I was doing, and i simply said "lots of water here buddy"....

He wasnt happy, but pulled up anchor and drifted off a little ways...

Comment

Had a guide boat yesterday come by us crappie fishing wide open less than 100 feet on Richland Chambers. Swamped and hung up all our lines. Glad our bow was pointed into the wake! After thinking about the scenario he was probably trying to lose 4 other boats that were following him at our expense. Led them into a bunch of timber then hauled it out.

Comment

Nothing new, been happening for as long as I've been fishing. That being said, I drive in the left lane and love hunting fence lines

Comment

I got to my spot the other day an there was another guy near me. He got in his boat and did about 3 big circles around me. What a jerk. J/K lol

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            I've never had any problems on the lakes or bays.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
            did someone do donuts around you last week?

Comment

I thought you did those 3 big circles around me to try and get up on plane.

Comment

That bent pole pattern is the best pattern there is just set back with a cooler of beer watch with binoculars to see who is catching the most fish and run over there right beside them and start catching some fish 😜😂🤣

Comment

They really dont like it when they come flying in to pot lick you only to find out the birds that you are fishing are eating cheetos and your standing on your lure acting like you're fighting fish..

Comment

Just keep calm!!! happens everywhere !!!

Comment

fishing with my dad at Pleasure island form the sail boat wall,, we were having a good day and man and his kid showed up,, wrong gear wrong bait so they caught nothing while we continued to do well. they moved closer too us twice until they could throw over my dad's line,, dad said something about it twice and they jerk said " nothing you can do about it old man"

dad still smoked cigars back then and simply reached up and touched his mono with his cigar 5 times before he caught on as to why his line "kept breaking" .... man jumped up and started toward my dad at which time I simply told him to sit down because he was about to get seriously hurt if he even attempted to touch my dad ... so he comes after me instead and I simply asked him if he really wanted some other man raising his kid, because he was not going to be around....

Comment

Yup and I dont have the patience to deal with them. I make it known real fast they can move on.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                          They really dont like it when they come flying in to pot lick you only to find out the birds that you are fishing are eating cheetos and your standing on your lure acting like you're fighting fish..
                          Now this is funny right here. Going to have to bring some extra saltines next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            That bent pole pattern is the best pattern there is just set back with a cooler of beer watch with binoculars to see who is catching the most fish and run over there right beside them and start catching some fish [emoji12][emoji23][emoji1787]
                            That's what I'm saying [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

If your sons group was all legal they should have kept fishing and wait for the Game Warden. Once the game warden checked everything I would ask/tell the game warden I want to file an official complaint for sportsman harassment. Turn the table on the Jack Wagon

Comment

We were fishing off the end of a pier near Destin Fl one time and a 30 for boat trolled across several folks lines, right by the pier. He got yelled at a lot but turned around to do it again. One of the guys on the pier tied on a big pyramid sinked and flung it THRU his nice fiberglass hull. He didn't come back by again.

Saw a 18 er so old kid stealing stuff off others gear at the same pier, old man slung his butt off the end of the pier into the water. He didn't come back.

Many, many years ago my grandad and a friend were fishing in a smallish wooden boat on a local river and a couple of yahoos(era correct name) came in and ran close circles around them, almost swamping them. Grandad pulled out his 1911 .45 and ventilated their boat several times before they hauled butt out of there. An old man will just kill you....

Comment

Working...
                                X